Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: Well found a crap load of oil in airbox. Havent even had this quad 6 months. Still starts on a dime. After look around guessing it needs new cylinder nad piston? Not very happy.:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
How much oil is in it? Check it hot. If it's overfilled, some will end up coming out the breather.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, Not a topic for the loft...

Moved------>
Sorry.. wasn't sure where to put it.. haven't used forums a lot.. And there is a lot. Don't even know how to measure it. ITs about from your top of your finger to the first little knuckle above your nail.

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
Oh, I meant check the engine oil. If the engine is over full, it will blow some in the air box
Always check the engine oil with a hot engine. It will read higher on the stick hot than cold, so if you fill it to the full mark cold, it will likely be over full.

The other way this happens is if the oil tank gets drained during an oil change, but the crank case doesn't.

In either of these situations, it will end up over full and blow oil out the over flow, and into the air box.

·
Administrator
7,896 Posts
Another thing that happens is if the needle valve in the carb sticks or leaks, the carb can overflow which runs down the intake, by the rings, and into the engine oil. This will over fill the crank case, and blow the oil/gas mixture out the over flow.

If your engine oil smells like gas, and is over full, this is usually why

·
Registered
16 Posts
Riding wheelies a lot can also cause it. I found a bunch of oil in my airbox when I bought my quad, but I just did a much needed oil change and haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I turn on my 03 z400 oil gose straight to the air box and will drain all of the oil out I put a cheep jet kit in and it ran beautiful but sometime on my way back noticed the antifreeze was bone dry after I just put fresh stuff in so I got it home and checked the next day checked the oil nothing not a drop after also changing the oil n filter filled them again and found the oil going straight to the air box drains pretty fast to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts