Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a long long period I've finally got around to rebuilding my 03 ltz. I've stripped the quad down to a rolling chassis. I got around to taking the coolent tank off the radiator. I noticed the bottom of the tank had like a mixer of sludgy oil in the bottom. Any tips at where I should look on the engine where the oil could be mixing into the coolent?

When I drained the old oil, it was just black like it should of been and not milky. Any tips would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
Could have been a leaking head gasket, water pump seal, or just some that got in there during a rebuild? I would just clean it out and keep an eye on it.

Reactions: jasonsnapp

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after further investigation, I'm leaning towards the water pump. I removed the pump from the motor and the impeller shaft had some in and out movement. I flipped the pump face down and put a cap full of oil on the gear side of the pump. After a min or so the oil was seeping through to the propeller side of the pump where it pushes coolent through. I swapped in a spare pump from a parts motor. Hopefully it is good.

Reactions: amcf18
1 - 3 of 3 Posts