Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys maybe someone can help me with some in foe I just recently checked the oil in my 2003 LTZ 400 it was about a quart low so I put it Right below the full line little less than a quart it took .Then me and my son went out in the snow on our quads for about an hour and a half.then We parked them in the garage waited about two hours so they were cooled down. I Went to check the oil again I Unscrewed the oil dipstick cap at the reservoir and all the oil I just recently put in ,Came gushing out of the reservoir ? I’m wondering if my oil pump stopped working ? How do I know if my engine has any motor oil in it

·
Super Moderator
4,813 Posts
You should check it immediately after shutting it off. Most of the oil should stay in the tank, but it sometimes finds its way back into the case as it cools. When it’s cold and you first start it up, you should be able to remove the dipstick and not have oil spewing out. One of the ways to verify positive oil pressure is to do this and you’ll be able to see the oil steaming inside the tank, but not overflowing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts