Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was recently doing a oil change on my 2004 LTZ 400 I drain the oil from the engine than I drain the oil tank up front while I was tightening the drain (after draining the oil) it stripped on me. The bolt is completely fine. What can I do?!? To fix it or anyone have one I can buy off of

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Get a used tank or drill and tap it for a larger bolt or heli-coil.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Drill and tap it to a bigger size is the cheap easy way. Think m12 is the biggest you can go.

I've done before to other ltz, just oil your bit and tap down to keep metal shavings down and flush out the tank good and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I was recently doing a oil change on my 2004 LTZ 400 I drain the oil from the engine than I drain the oil tank up front while I was tightening the drain (after draining the oil) it stripped on me. The bolt is completely fine. What can I do?!? To fix it or anyone have one I can buy off of
Could you tell me what kind of oil to use in a 2003 suzuki z 400. We just got it and i want to use the correct oil...thanks Mary

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Use a 10W40 motorcycle oil, or 15W40 Shell Rotella T4, or T6. The important spec is that it is JASO MA or MA2 , which is compatible for the clutch. Most auto oils are too slippery, and will hurt it over time.

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Yes, it needs to be oil designed for a “wet clutch” engine. 4-stroke Motorcycle/ATV oil, 10w40 is what I use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts