Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have never been to keen on kiehin carbs so the FCR race carb wasn't in the cards for me. it's that whole thing where you tune more along the lines of air instead of fuel.

so i went to a guy who races GSXR's here in oregon and took 10th in the state this year, btw... and decided to get a TM 39mm adjustable acceleater pump carb. it is made by mikuni and when we called the supplier he said this is the first one sold to a Z400 owner that he is aware of. it fits perfect on the z is around $ 325.00, supposed to add 6 1/2 HP just bolting it on and is completely tuneable, the fuel/air screw is on the side with a plastic handle not a little screw and pump adjustment is on the oppisite side same set-up and it is a flat slide carb......INSTANT THROTTLE RESPONSE. can't wait to get it installed, i'll let you guy's know how it works.

one last little story. the guy we ordered the carb from said that if your not careful when you test this carb out, the bike will want to come up and flip over alot. Now there talking my language!!!!

later

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, there is a misprint above. that should be a 36 mm not 39, brain fart :oops:

·
Registered
384 Posts
the fcr is still the best carb that is what most race bikes use are fcr's. the 36mm might be a little small if you go with a 440 kit in the future. all the fcr's are accelorator pump carbs. i personally dont like mikumi carbs. keihn makes a much better carb imo. that is why you see the fcr 39,40mm on the crf and yzf 450 bikes.

i personally am gonna get a fcr 39mm

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats why there is apples and oranges bro. i have never likes the fcr carbs because of the jetting for air instead of fuel thing.

also this is the same carb that comes on the gsxr, i would say that street bike has proved it's self in the race world......like #1 forever. also the fcr it just a acceleater pump this carb is a ADJUSTABLE acceleater pump which allows for way better tuneablity and future mod purpoes's.

i went with the 36 because as you know i ride the dunes. the 39mm gives you way to much top end. the 36mm carb will address the midrange of your bike whichis what we use on the dunes and being that it is adjustable, i can give it more and back it of, just like a holly double pumper....i'm pretty stoked.

you'll get a chance to see it run, and then next spring the 416 or 440 kit will be installed........damn i'm gonna be fast......hehe

·
Registered
970 Posts
Cool! When will you get it? Please take a few pictures on the install and post them. You might be onto something and I need a shot of power!

·
Registered
384 Posts
top end rulz for the dunes that why banshees rip hehe :p :twisted:
: :eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool!  When will you get it?  Please take a few pictures on the install and post them.  You might be onto something and I need a shot of power![/b]

i will, my next purchase is going to be a digital camara, so i can take some pictures of my bike and send to the boss and friends back east.

sandlovinz400.....your right, what the hell was i thinking i guess i will change to order to a 50mm and start in 5th.
: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
384 Posts
sandlovinz400.....your right, what the hell was i thinking i guess i will change to order to a 50mm and start in 5th.
:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:[/b]
hell yeah do that, just put on a 20th front sprocket and youll be fine :p . u not riding today, its such a lovely day to be out ther lol :wink:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am going to ride monday, decided not to go. almost packed up and then said screw it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts