Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a set of Oxlite folding loading ramps model 98c which are extremely well built. They are 89" long and work great with my full size pick-up truck. I was a bit leary about getting folding ramps but after thinking about storage and the ability to put them in the truck when I'm out riding they were the best solution. I can also use them for my Honda RC51 superbike. I didnt like the big one piece 48" wide ramps because of the storage reasons as well and the limited application ability. These dual runner ramps will fit anything and are quite heavy duty. I paid $205 to my door for them and I bought them from http://www.atvramps.com/dual_folding_ramps.htm

They are much higher quality than the ramps I have found at cycle shops locally.

Just thought some people might be interested!

These images are from their web site

Also a review of them is at the EX Riders web site at http://www.exriders.com/reviews/ramps.shtml

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i just bought a oxlite bifold loading ramp they are built extremely well i love them the are bifold and fit right underneth the Z perfectly

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with the dual runner type because all the large folding ramps were just wide enough for my quad. It seemed that there was no room for error with those types. With the twin ramp set up each ramp is 12" wide so you can definately get them positioned with room to spare on each side of the wheel.

What ever works I guess! Beats the crap out of lifting the thing up in the truck!

·
Registered
773 Posts
they look great. i like the one piece better as well, unless they dont fit in the truck. when i got my first EX i had a short bed S-10, and the bike fit perfectly but the ramps were about 4 inches too long so they had to sit on top of the tailgate. damn little trucks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
That ramp looks solid. I have a F350 short bed so I'm sure I'll need to get one of those folding ramps. My question is to you guys with ramps how high is your tailgate from the ground? My truck is lifted so mine is 40 inches. Is this going to be to steap? I hope not because I love the idea of not having to tow anything.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My ramps are 87" I think but they have these ramps up to 10 feet long. Check the web site. It works great on mine and my tailgate is 35" up and I could go steeper if I needed to... Check the web site for further info~~~

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I got an aluminum bi-fold set from Cabelas (www.cabelas.com) for X-Mas. I drive a Sonoma ZR2 and they work perfectly - good height, fit in truck between the tires of the Z, and is the perfect width for the Z and truck. It they were wider, they would not fit between the tires and if they were narrower, the Z would not fit on the ramp. Just have to be careful ridint it up into the truck because I have to rid it over the wheel wells. Too much speed puts me into the back of the cab....oh well!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I use home made wooden ramps with metal ramp ends. It works very well, but is of course heavy. When I go down to see my dad, he's gonna weld me up some custom aluminum ramps. Nice and free. Good to have welder for a dad sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts