1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Just go with the stock size. And run the 13t front and you should be good

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
from what i was told when i was doing research on paddles...(from LittleMisse)...is that the tires with the straight blades hook up awesome if you are doing alot of climbing or drag racing. the "v" blades are better if your going to be doing a lot of turning as they make it easier. not to say that you cant turn with the skat traks...but i think for more of an "all around" paddle tire sand stars or something like that would be better. just depends on what you how you plan on riding.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
stock rim is 9"!
So you'd need the last number to be 9 like 20-10-9

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I've been at the dunes once so I consider myself an expert with paddles.... haha. But anyways Josh was running V-paddles and I was running straight paddles. We swapped bikes a few times and I didn't notice much difference in handling in tight turns or anything but with his V's he would dig holes all the time on starts and get stuck. I can't remember if I ever did at all. The straights are also prime for hooking up

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've been at the dunes once so I consider myself an expert with paddles.... haha. But anyways Josh was running V-paddles and I was running straight paddles. We swapped bikes a few times and I didn't notice much difference in handling in tight turns or anything but with his V's he would dig holes all the time on starts and get stuck. I can't remember if I ever did at all. The straights are also prime for hooking up
yea i cant speak much from experience, just saying what i was told and referred to.

joking...you exclaimed after your 9" wheel comment

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I have rode with both. IMO you will notice a difference when side hilling the most. Other then that I can tell. The Skat Trak straight paddle is lighter then just about everything out there except STU padla brats. You're digging holes with the V paddle due to weight of tire most likely.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im going to be doing drag a lot. Not too much of the hill climbing and all that other stuff

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And 06ltz try sending those links again. All im getting is select a vehicle and nothing to choose from

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
If you are dragging alot go for a straight paddle Hauler or Glider with 6 or 7 paddles.
21-10-9.....not sure Skat-Trak has 9....?

I know some will say more paddles but he don't have the HP for it.............

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Sure you can........just robs a little power. You will throw a good bit of sand on anyone riding behind you too:lol
I had 8 paddle Haulers before and now have 6's on mine and the 8's are on my wifes. I have a set of 6 paddle Gliders I saved from the 250 that may go on the kid's Z. It came with a set of Sand Star V paddles and because they are a bit more predictable I think he'll ride those and I may sell the gliders......

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you decide to sell tell me first. id like to buy them with the rims as well if there are some. its going to be a couple weeks before we go to the dunes as well. any other brand that has maybe 7's that i can run that you know of? cant find any 6's with 9" width

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So when i buy mine i should get the Ams Sandsnakes because they would be lighter and they are 8 paddle

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i was looking at them but i havent heard good or any reviews about them

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I like the 8 paddle haulers. I currently have 20x10x10 and they hookup quick! Before I had my bbk I was out of the hole first almost everytime with those haulers, but they would get me in midrange due to the rim being too big and tire too small. My next ones will be 21x10x8
I've tried my buddy's sand snakes and they work well but not as well as haulers. Haulers just hook up better and I would never spend my $ on anything else:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts