Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybodys parking break stopped working? Mine has but i know how to fix it though. Just wondering if mines the only one?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i started leaving it in gear to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
REMOVING PARKING BREAK?

I HEAR ALOT OF PEOPLE REMOVING THEIR PARKING BRAKES. I WAS WONDERING WHAT ALL IS INVOLVED WITH REMOVING IT CAUSE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE @@@@ THING WORKING WHEN IT WANTS TO. I DON'T EVEN SEE THE NEED IN HAVING THE STUPID THING ANYWAY :twisted:

·
Registered
363 Posts
First you have to buy a brake block off plate, or make one if you have the capability (LSR has em for $10-12 I think or Ebay). Then you have to get a new clutch lever and perch if you want to get rid of the big cluster on the bars. Then you just unbolt the parking brake from the rear brake housing (2 bolts on the inside of the housing) remove it and replace with a block off plate. Then you you remove the cable and old lever assy. Install the new lever and perch and route your clutch cable to the new perch.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today i spent about 30 minutes adjusting the parking break and everything is almost all the wayout and it still dosent work. I did everything the manual said to do to. Will suzuki fix it under waranty because mine wont work. If i cant get it to work i probaly will buy a brake off plate and be done.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I don't even use it, just put it in gear if I'm on a hill and getting off, I think somebody told me once that if you get a block off it helps to not wear down the pads as much, is this true?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just put it in gear to but when its in the back of someones truck you have to tuy it down because it will roll back and fourth a little.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
tie straps :D

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I don't even use it, just put it in gear if I'm on a hill and getting off, I think somebody told me once that if you get a block off it helps to not wear down the pads as much, is this true?[/b]
Yes, this is true. The parking break holds the pads to the rotor just a little bit. It's not much, but it will wear them down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't haul your quad with it in gear, this can cause some major damage. No it probably won't happen the first or second time you do it, but there is a chance it can happen. While hauling I put a zip tie on the front brake lever and grip, this keeps it from rolling. Also use tie downs. I have given up on trying to keep the parking brake adjusted.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine stopped working after the first time I used it.....the dealler fixed it for no charge on the first service. never did find out whet was wrong with it though

·
Registered
88 Posts
they are crap, = tie straps

·
Registered
179 Posts
yeah p-brakes don't stay up to working order and drag on brakes causing premature wear

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
those thing sucks... I myself just put it into gear when not in motion. When I get renthal handlebars, I am going to dump the parking brakes altogether.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts