Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Croom in brooksville, not far from zephyrhills. 2500 acre state run dirt bike/atv park.

·
Registered
19 Posts
croom suxxx

i would avoid croom like it was the plague.. croom is full of new bees and wanna bees tons of little kids on chinesee quads.. tons of rules.. and if you go fast you risk crashing into some newbee put putting around the same turn you are coming from the other way on.. also you have to pay yearly fee plus per use fee... need title to bike and must have a spark arrester muffler and helmet and goggles(which you should use any ways)
there is a place to ride on bolton rd which off little rd close to us 19 at the end of road on the right and its a dead end so you can trailer your bike there.. lots of hills and jumps.. just use your best behavior and dont leave you garbage there

·
Registered
436 Posts
i would avoid croom like it was the plague.. croom is full of new bees and wanna bees tons of little kids on chinesee quads.. tons of rules.. and if you go fast you risk crashing into some newbee put putting around the same turn you are coming from the other way on.. also you have to pay yearly fee plus per use fee... need title to bike and must have a spark arrester muffler and helmet and goggles(which you should use any ways)
there is a place to ride on bolton rd which off little rd close to us 19 at the end of road on the right and its a dead end so you can trailer your bike there.. lots of hills and jumps.. just use your best behavior and dont leave you garbage there
Over half of what you said is wrong...I wonder if you even ride there?

You DO NOT need a title, only bill of sale. You do not have to pay for a year, you can buy a day pass for $15. If you do buy a year pass ($60), you do not have to pay a per use fee. You DO NOT need a spark arrester. I have never had an issue running into kids on chinese bikes, its 2500 acres....I rarely even see anyone else back in the trails. The only crowded area is the front bowl.

The only rule the place has is wear a helmet, and stay off the paved roads. It does tend to be whooped out, but its a really nice park.

·
Registered
19 Posts
and lastly about annual permits..i copied and pasted this
Effective each July 1, annual permits are required for each motorcycle and ATV using the Croom Motorcycle Area.
Annual permits are good for the entire year (July through June). Fees are posted at the entrance gate and are pro-rated throughout the entire year. Payments can be made by cash and travelers checks only, and can be made at the entrance gate house.
Overnight camping is available at the Croom Motorcycle Area Campground. The current fees are posted at the campground. Electrical hook-up is available for an additional charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
this one is about title..coppied and pasted
A title is required for all OHVs (all-terrain vehicles, recreational off-highway vehicles and off-highway motorcycles) operated on all public lands where OHVs are allowed. Visit the Trip Planning page for information on obtaining a title. Riders are cautioned that additional laws and rules apply to the operation of OHVs.
from this page
Where to Ride / Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) / Recreation / Florida Forest Service / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

·
Registered
436 Posts
i hate being told i am wrong.. when i am rite.. be sure to read all the rules when you enter my state parks..lolo
I ride Croom 10-12 times a year. I call it like it is. Everything I said is true. Big difference between rules and enforced rules. You may not like Croom, but that doesn't mean other people won't enjoy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts