Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know any cheap performance tips for the Z? Anything that you have found.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
drill peashooter out

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
nevermind, you don't have the stock exhuast

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anybody know any cheap performance tips for the Z? Anything that you have found.

llknowlesll[/b]
drz-dirt base gasket abou 15 bucks will get that compression up to about 12.5 to 1 you should run 92 octane when doing this

·
Registered
489 Posts
spec on base

look under hemi piston thread at attop for the specs on the base gasket

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

llknowlesll[/b]
drz-dirt base gasket abou 15 bucks will get that compression up to about 12.5 to 1 you should run 92 octane when doing this[/b][/quote]

at 12.5:1 don't you need to run some race gas in there?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was just told about the intake boot from the carb to the cylinder. It seems the one from the z is smaller than the one from the DRZ (dirtbike). They bolt right up and I think the guy at the dealer said it was about 30.00.
It really opens the intake to allow more air flow. I will look into this deeper.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
seems like all the parts from the dirtbike engine are better, just buy one of them :roll:

·
Registered
489 Posts
seems like all the parts from the dirtbike engine are better, just buy one of them :roll:[/b]
the only thing that the drz-dirt bkie have is four wheels

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was just told about the intake boot from the carb to the cylinder.  It seems the one from the z is smaller than the one from the DRZ (dirtbike).  They bolt right up and I think the guy at the dealer said it was about 30.00.
It really opens the intake to allow more air flow.  I will look into this deeper.[/b]
ill will be posting some pics of the best air box mod your air box which should increase air flow by at least 30%

·
Registered
21 Posts
air box lid

I bought a stock lid for my 300ex, drilled and installed some of those 1" vents and WOW what a difference!!! I plan to do the same with the NEW Z. Just remember to put the solid one one if you think your gonna take the Z swimming! 8O :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bio - I just did the same thing to my Z.. I Added a Uni and removed the snorkle. Put 5 of those 1" vented holes in the top of the lid, and I think air flow really increased. I'm having to run a 152.5 main and I'm going up to the 155... Removing the snorkle will open up alot by itself.. That thing is really restrictive..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm planning on picking up a lid this w-end to drill out. What is the stock jetting??

I'm still breaking in the "New Baby", waiting to get a pipe, filter, and new jetting! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
jetting?

just installed bills pipe full system,they recomend changing main jet to 170 and pilot to 27.5. thats it should i do anything else? (drill lid,remove snorkel?)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've read a couple things about the 170 jetting....TOOO RICHHH!! And could someone please educate me...I have the Z400 service manual, but what the heck is the snorkel? Anyway, I highly recommend the manual to anyone wishing to do their own work!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks ya-monster! How do you like Bill's pipe?
I am waiting for next months DW, they are supposed to have the full pipe test on a Z with all the makes and models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
reply big o

LOVE IT! sounds great runs good not sure about jetting. im going to follow their recomendations and see if it runs any different. good pipe for the money. wish i could have tried one of each for free!

·
Registered
8 Posts
cutting lid

found a filter to go on top of airbox lid so you can cut the holes and have extra filtration. i think it was about 60.00

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah what and where is the Snorkle? Please help!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts