Suzuki Central Forum banner

What pipe should I go with? (Noise doesn't matter)

• Trinity Stage 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshimura

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What performance upgrades should I do first? I have got the skidplates and thats it. I was looking at a Trinity Pipe. I also seen where there is an aluminum Airbox. What else should I do for performance upgrades?

Knowles

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got the Yosh Pro-Ti system and man what a difference! Increased the bottom end big time and revs longer on top. When I first got my Z, I raced my buddy with a bored 400ex. I beat him by about one atv length. Now that I've done the airbox and Yosh, got him yesterday by 5 atv lengths and smoked him out of the hole. Quality on the Yosh is excellent. It mounts at the rear using both stock brackets(Trinity uses only one). Sounds great, but not too loud. I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
794 Posts
No offense, but i think the Yoshi Pro-Ti system is worthless. $720 for something that doesnt have the power of other pipes but weighs less, This is jst my opinion...But i would go Trinity, CT or Sparks.

Later

·
Registered
593 Posts
i am going to lay it down for ya. the yoshi pipe is awesome for 2 main reasons. first of all it revs much higher. i had the T4 and traded my buddy for a brand new yoshi he bought so i have had both on my bike. the T4 gave me more hp but the rev wasn't as good. that's #1 and #2 is the main reason i got the yoshi. it performs the best with bore kit's and hot cams and carbs..... the more enigne work you do the better this pipe gets. just check the 48 hp dyno's.....yes if you want a pipe only and keep a stock motor buy a T4 if you want to build your machineYOSHI HANDS DOWN!!! the only pipe i have seen and read about that will probably do well with alot of engine work is the CT pipe......it may actually do a little better than the yoshi when you blast your engine up. any pipe will wake this motor up, it is all in what you are going to do with your z. soon to come to mine FCR carb hot cams, pistion and rings hinson clutch basket and plates. GOD i can't wait!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
T4 as in Trinity Stage IV? I think the Trinity is the best and the CT right behind it. Maybe the Yoshi is for built engines but the Trinity will do as well as the Yoshi with a built motor. It costs less and gives better power before you build your motor too!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Have you looked at the lift of the Hot Cams yet? Web has 3 stages with 2 and 3 having more lift. You want more power, you better research. I looked around this weekend and found Web to be the best so far.

·
Registered
593 Posts
no i haven't looked at web cams yet. but thanks for the info, if i like what i see it's not to late to cancel the hot cams. appreciate the info.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of gains are you talking with that setup? And how much total?

Jamey

·
Registered
593 Posts
alot more rev, i mean ALOT. stronger all the way through each gear, i haven't dyno'ed it yet but i believe from what i have read i added like 8 hp.
with the water wetter i run twice as cool, which helps keep that hp and they say adds some due to lower engine temp. also i ride the sand only, so with the 13T on there it is 1/2 again as quick as it was and throttle response is really quick also for this carb set-up. basically 2, 3,4 gear i run VERY strong. 1st gear doesn't exist anymore and i lost 5th gear top end, but in the sand i don't need 5th unless i race on the beach.

yes i mean trinity stage IV, sorry i just use T4 when i talk about that pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts