DadsZ400

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
what kind of rotar is that i know a 400ex but what brand name

·
Registered
794 Posts
Does it stop any better now? I want to do that upgrade but am low on money.

Later

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I got it from Rockymountainatv, it was a Titax brand for $49.99 they were out of EBC for $89.99.
Did not notice any differance in braking but it stops just fine.
Yeah I want to get some skids but the wife said I need to slow down on buying things on the Z for a little while.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks Dad !

Good call on the rotor,I installed mine yesterday,looks and works great and
it's NOT BENT :D

Thanks Dad !

Jeff

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kentuckycat,
Very simple to replace. Remove your rear tire, remove the 2 bolts holding the caliper on, remove the 4 allen bolts holding the rotor on, rotate the rotor so the mounting flanges line up between the rotor mounting tabs and remove the rotor. reverse to install. I also used some lock tight on the bolts to insure they don't come loose, just make sure you use the removeable type lock tight.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
794 Posts
I ordered my rotor yesterday :D My rotor is bent pretty bed right now, i can't ride or the pads will go. But hopefully it will be here soon.

Later

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kentuckycat, Yes it stopped the squeak completly, like you it was driving me crazy so I had to do something. I have put a good 15-20 hours on it and it is still quiet and have put it trhrough water crossings while riding to make sure it did not reappear and still no noise.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. i was going to put it on today but got too busy. I did jack it up and pull the wheel, so I'll do the rest tomorrow.
Then I'm ridin!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine's warped also. I just ordered a new one from Rocky Mountain ATV.. Suzuki should have to foot the bill!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I got mine on yesterday!! I also got my AC skid plate on so i just need a sprocket which is on order. I wanted to have a tad more acceleration so i got a 41tooth, is a 41 like putting a 13.5 in front? (I know there is no such thing as a 13.5) Thats what i thought and i hope i'm right. I'll get a pic when i'm done.

Later

1 - 20 of 32 Posts