Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didn't want to get rid of my Z but the right deal came across and i traded for a ltr 450. I'm pretty happy with the deal. Ripping her apart now to go through it and make sure everything is sound and to my liking.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
37 Posts
LMAO now you got one! Everybody gets the 450 itch at some point. Once you get everything the way you want, you'll love the ltr450!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dilemma was spend 7-800 for suspension or get the ltr wich already has the width for mx racing. Plus fuel injected.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
My dilemma was spend 7-800 for suspension or get the ltr wich already has the width for mx racing. Plus fuel injected.
aaaaaaand its a 450 ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't had the chance to really ride it yet. Can you tell a difference in 50cc? I putted around his yard make sure it ran and shifted. But now it's tore apart so I can make it the way I want.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
whats up with the as$ end of that quad??? looks like the subframes twisted

·
3,013 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a home made one. Not going to stay. Hope subframe not tweaked!!! Wire harness has been butchered up. Wheel bearings and tie rod ends have slop. Still digging into it now.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
I haven't had the chance to really ride it yet. Can you tell a difference in 50cc? I putted around his yard make sure it ran and shifted. But now it's tore apart so I can make it the way I want.
Yes!

whats up with the as$ end of that quad??? looks like the subframes twisted
Ditto.

It's a home made one. Not going to stay. Hope subframe not tweaked!!! Wire harness has been butchered up. Wheel bearings and tie rod ends have slop. Still digging into it now.
Pictures of it? Sure seems homemade haha! Hope that's all you find. Good luck with it though. Feel free to ask us 450 guys for any help :]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So spark plug was loose and intake valves have 0 clearance. Do the things has the valve cupping issue the z has? I would guess so since it has the same crappy air filter.
I will get a pic of the grab bar in a little bit. Thing weighs a ton!

·
3,013 Posts
So spark plug was loose and intake valves have 0 clearance. Do the things has the valve cupping issue the z has? I would guess so since it has the same crappy air filter.
I will get a pic of the grab bar in a little bit. Thing weighs a ton!
no and the stock filter works very well

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so it's getting worse. I adjusted the valves to find both intakes already have a 1.20 shim (the smallest one I have) in them. So now the top end has to come off. I will be getting all new valves and springs. I'm also going to put a new set of rings on too while i'm in there. Don't have the money for a bbk or +1 valves yet but they will come soon enough.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
all valves will cup if you dont take care of your filter. So yes they could be just cupped. The worst cupping i ever saw was on my ltr

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes this thing hasn't been taken care of. Still happy with having a ltr. Just now more work than I was expecting. At least it's going to be right when I'm done with it.

·
3,013 Posts
all valves will cup if you dont take care of your filter. So yes they could be just cupped. The worst cupping i ever saw was on my ltr
please nothing beats my ltr with the shims as low as you can go before i replaced them lol.

·
3,013 Posts
Yes this thing hasn't been taken care of. Still happy with having a ltr. Just now more work than I was expecting. At least it's going to be right when I'm done with it.
remember dont by a programer for the ltr jsut run the cherry bomb programmers are junk and i had no luck with them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts