Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is really sweet!!!      what size are your back tires?[/b]
18" Holeshot MX

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are those AC racing nerfs with the aluminum heel guards?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are those AC racing nerfs with the aluminum heel guards?[/b]
No, those are the suzuki nerfs and peg plates. I would not recommend the peg plates to anyone though. The welds on them cracked after one day of riding. :roll:

·
Registered
161 Posts
hey i like your Z, i did the same thing with the front grill and indicator lights and key switch a long time ago when i first got my Z and i posted the pics too, in this forum u ought to check it out, anyways my question is since you removed the headlights i ran into a problem with not having the two mounting place where the headlight assembly would usually bolt up. i was curious of what u used to secure the front plastics on your Z?? oh here's the link to the topic http://www.z400central.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=626

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was curious of what u used to secure the front plastics on your Z??[/b]
I made a bracket that goes from the two existing mount points on the plastic to the two frame mount points. I'll get you a pic in the a.m.. It was fairly simple to do. I like how you covered the two holes on either side of the front light opening on your Z.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
looks cool man, but i got one question....why would you want to do that, what if you ever want to ride at night now, do you just race or something?

also, could you feel the difference of the yoshi pipe before and after? i've had mine on ever since i bought it, so i don't know what it was like before, just curious how big of a difference it really made

·
Registered
161 Posts
thanks i'm looking forward to the pics!! i made a type of bracket but no matter how strong i thought it was it still broke at every race :cry:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks cool man, but i got one question....why would you want to do that, what if you ever want to ride at night now, do you just race or something?

also, could you feel the difference of the yoshi pipe before and after? i've had mine on ever since i bought it, so i don't know what it was like before, just curious how big of a difference it really made[/b]
As for the lights, I do most of my non-race riding during the day. It is a fairly simple task of switching out the grill for the lights (15 mins). As for the pipe, it feels like it has more lowend punch. I'm still working on the jetting right now. We live in the high desert here in N.M. (4800'), it's alittle tough to jet for the area because everywhere I ride is either lower ar higher depending where we go. I just put the pipe on this last weekend, so give me a week and I'll tell you the lowdown.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are pics of the fender mount bracket I made to replace the lights

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
thought about a chrome/polished aluminum grill?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thought about a chrome/polished aluminum grill?[/b]
Yeah, but I'm not to keen to polished stuff.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
sossei, herd the werd on the suzuki heel guards. My welds cracked also. i'm in the prosess of having the dealer fix or replace them. i have a solution on how to avoid that from happening again too. I.m gonna drill a hole dead center of the peg and the guard and use a stainless steel L shaped bracket to support the center. They look gnarly but who wants to see em all bent down in the center and jacked up. I wonder what the ac guards look like? Wonder if their design is different?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts