Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't decide on a pipe for my z.
I was looking at the trinity, but i've had fmf on many quads before with good luck. i always ran yosh on my street bike (gsxr 750) though
and found non better on a suzuki

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ran a Yosh on my GSXR 750 also - works great on that and the Yosh is awesome on the Z400 - I'd go with Yosh

·
Registered
773 Posts
i was in the same boat as you with the streetbikes and Yosh. thats why i got the yosh pipe for my Z. i love it, the power is awesome for the way i ride (im no racer, but i like to go fast) and the sound is awesome, as every yosh is.

i got the carbon pipe and love it. i have a video clip in the video section of this site that has a good sound comparison between the stock and the yosh. keep in mind that it is a lot louder than you hear on the video, but it is still a good comparason.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess we are all brand loyal to some degree. I have always ran motocross and never had anything on my bikes but Pro Circuit. Put a T4 on my Z and would swear by it. Gave it a tremendous amount of low end torque and makes it more woods friendly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
re:

yep, i'm quite happy with my CT also...but if Sparks had their pipe out when i was fiending for a pipe, and i seen some info(dynos, customer feedback), i prolly woulda went with them...Curtis makes sweet schtuff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Go with the Yoshi i am running a full stainless system on my Z400 and i reckon it has make a distinct difference, other than sounding sweet it has added more power. I am putting it on a dyno within the next few weeks so i will post the results.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i love my yoshi, i think you should stay with it. it is a great pipe, the alba pipe is cool but i think the yoshi is still one of the best out there for the z

in order the top 4 only my opinion.
yoshi
T4
CT
E-series

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I guess i did good being as i have a Pro Circuit T4 which is 2nd on your list and i only paid $150 brand new

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I JUST PUT A PRO-CIRCUIT ON A GUYS 400EX AND IT FELT LIKE IT MADE A BIG DIFFERANCE.
WP POSTED DYNO TESTS OF YOSH V.S. TRINITY, AND TRINITY WON HANDS DOWN. LOOKS GOOD
I HAVE TO AGREE, IF CURTIS SPARKS COMES OUT W/ A Z400 PIPE IT WILL MOST LIKLEY BE THE WON TO GET. HIS STUFF IS EXPENSIVE, BUT MAN, THEY MAKE BIG POWER

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your not gonna find too big of a HP difference in exhaust systems between companies. To me it comes done to fit and quality of the pipe.
(simple installation, no leaks, no rattles)

I'm new to the quad game but that Trinity pipe looks like the best constructed product out there right now.

Darren

·
Registered
593 Posts
trinity is good yes, but yoshi is still the best. the yoshi pipe get better and better with the more mods you do. you can put 70hp in the Z and the yoshi pipe and header will preform better again. other pipes can't make that claim. i think if your are going to run stock motor, go with CT or T4 or wait for the curtis pipe. but if you plan on modding your Z to the maximum i would really research it........yoshi is spendy, but that's for a really good reason, save your allowance and buy the best.......you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Big Air.

Are you running the stock pipe? In your list of mods it looks like your running a stock pipe with a Yosh slip on.

Darren

·
Registered
384 Posts
yoshi is alright if you get the full race system but if your going to mod the bike thats when the trinity, ct, or sparks pipe will really shine. they are built in mind for building up motors. thats why they are usally a little better on stock bike too.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ALLOWANCE? YOU MEAN WHATS LEFT OUT OF YOUR PAY CHECK AFTER BILLS, THEN CASH YOUR KIDS HIT YOU UP FOR.
YA, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HIDE SOME FROM THEM

·
Registered
107 Posts
What do you guys think of that POWERBOMB concept? I like their end cans, but I really can't decide between the Yosh and FMF powerbomb. Does anyone have an FMF yet?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey Big Air.

Are you running the stock pipe? In your list of mods it looks like your running a stock pipe with a Yosh slip on.

Darren[/b]
yeah i am running the stock header again. i have the full system, but i put the stock header back on. i ran out of jet sizes when the whole system was on and i am going to be doing the 440 kit this winter with alot of other ticky tack thing so i am just going to wait till the whole project is done in the spring and bolt evrything on again.

·
Registered
593 Posts
ALLOWANCE? YOU MEAN WHATS LEFT OUT OF YOUR PAY CHECK AFTER BILLS, THEN CASH YOUR KIDS HIT YOU UP FOR.
YA, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HIDE SOME FROM THEM[/b]
i meant that as a joke tiger.....i am married with a kid also. you know the allowance you put in the coffee can and hide from the wife.... :twisted:
:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear that!!!!!!!!!
My wife is getting pretty god at finding those "coffe cans"
It's a good thing she rides and likes the toys as much as me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts