Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i get my Z my first thing on the baby is oging to be a pipes and i was wondering whats good for Trail,MX,sand (not dunes like beach sand with burms)

PLEASE POST!!!

Greg Z

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I can tell ya the Pro Circuit T-4 is reasonably priced and adds the low end the Z is missing

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I ride on trails and some sand and im going to get a yoshimura full exaust soon, its next on my list. :D Everybody says there good and that there worth the money. Hope this helps.

2003 suzuki z400
Dg front bumper
k&n filter
jet kit
Ac propeg nerfs
suzuki swingarm skidplate

·
Registered
439 Posts
Get the Yoshimura Comp Full system. Only $400 from ATV Sports Plus. It's a great pipe for the money. Deffinately worth it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Get the Yoshimura Comp Full system. Only $400 from ATV Sports Plus. It's a great pipe for the money. Deffinately worth it.[/b]
hey Psychosis,
what type of rear sproket did you get? i put the 13T on last week and really like what it did to the motor, now im thinking about the rear too. did you get a new chain too?
thanks.

oh ya. . . . YOSH!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yosh all the way baby....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also concur with Yoshi (as I've posted on many other "pipes" topics). Make sure you ride stock for a little bit so you can appreciate the difference. Also, if you're not planning major engine mods then the header pipe already breaths very well so just get a slip-on pipe.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have an alba pipe on my KFX and i'm very pleased, i have a yosh pipe on my street bike, and im pleased w/ it also

·
Registered
28 Posts
pick up the latest copy of dirt wheels.. there's a shootout.... :D

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i bet you i can put a z400 pipe on a banshee... How would that work lol

the pipe would burst

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yoshi is defiantly the best pipe for the price. It adds to all around power. i luv the comp system that i have on mine. it added alot of power espically compared to my bros stock exust. He like mine so much that he got one just like it. Defiantly go with the YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i went with a DMC Alien exhaust. if noise is not an issue, definately go for DMC. it gave me a lot of bottom-mid, and also helped the top-end. like i said, only go for it if noise is not an issue. it is louder than all hell, and i have to be careful when riding on roads in-town. it is definately worth the $400 from Rocky Mountain ATV.DMC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
dudes look at the dirt wheels shoot out dont get the yoshi, its overpriced for what it does, yoshi should have won the shootout since yoshi is owed by suzuki, but like the shootout says yoshi couldnt even get the jetting correct on the pipe they sent to dirt wheels for testing. go with the CT Sonic or with the Pro Circuit, they are the best overall, i have a trinity but from the way it did on the shootout i am going to sell it, although i get great low to mid power im all about the top end, since all my friends have raptors and DS650 so i need to keep up with them. Ct Sonic is my choice for sure plus its not too loud.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am new here, so first off, Hello
Please do your self the favor of disregarding the pipe shootout in that issue of dirt wheels. The pipe shoutout is a joke. Call up Graydon and CT and you will find out that their pipes are the same, look closely at them. They were scored different, does that smell fishy? How can one pipe call for a 135 main jet and another call for a 160? It is not a fair test. The Z dosen't get a ton of power from a system, so get what brand you like. I guess you could probably use the DW info on weight and sound. I gat an LRD. I like it, its not too loud, has the best bottom end power out of the WB, DMC, and Pro Circuit (I had a chance to try those out), and I like that not everyone has one. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i have a trinity but from the way it did on the shootout i am going to sell it, although i get great low to mid power im all about the top end, since all my friends have raptors and DS650 so i need to keep up with them. Ct Sonic is my choice for sure plus its not too loud.[/b]
When you want to sell it let me know. If the price is right I'll take it off your hands. Since it's so inferior it should be very cheap right :p
:

The rags are just that. They throw information together quickly which isn't accurate more times then not. I see it all the time in automotive magazines. It's funny so many people read these things like they are the holy grail of information.

This is why my uncle gave up journalism for public mags and papers. He was forced to write untrue and biased stories based on advertisment dollars. True story...He now does the internet publishing because he can be his own boss and tell the truth for a change.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i do not have the titianium tri oval pipe i have the cheeper one and it is well worth the price. it is perfect for mx. Have u ever road a quad with a Yoshi pipe if not then u cant say one bad thing about the yoshi pipe!

·
Registered
18 Posts
3 of my friends have the yoshi comp system thats one of the reasons that i didnt it, i wanted to be different. Im glad i did cause we all have the exact same mods filter, jet, pipe, gearing and i beat them all consistently so the only thing that is diff is making a difference, we all weigh about the same as well, yoshi is wack considering that suzuki owns them!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Almost every one has a different need on their pipe. tommy12g wants top speed. On the other hand i want low and mid range and the yoshi delivers as much as i can handel. it is a great pipe for me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts