Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Afghanistan and finally settled in at Paso Robles. I'm stationed at Camp Roberts now. I want to hit up pismo beach on one of the days during labor day weekend. Just wondering who out there is also going.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I tend to stay away on the busy weekends. I figure I can go whenever I want why deal with a bunch of idiots out there drinking and being dumb. I might head out for a few hours though. How long you going to be in Paso? you should cruise down this way on a dead weekend or a week day. Its awesome when no one has been tearing up the dunes, like riding on powder.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just be going for a couple of hours anyways. I will be in Paso for 2 years. I will mostly spend the day adjusting my fcr and rear suspension. I'm not too much a fan of the dunes just bec. I feel they are easy to learn to ride. I don't know any other places at this time. Maybe you have some suggestions.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
pozo has some trails and that is about half way between paso and pismo. I haven't been there so I don't know how it is.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
easy to learn to ride...............? Easy to putt around through the small stuff.......like Pismo.
Lots to know about riding the dunes, especially the really big dunes. You get small real quick in some of that stuff at Glamis.
As for Pismo, I can have fun in all dunes. I have fun just leading the kids through the little stuff too.

I thought Camp Roberts was like a Reserve Base. It looks darn near deserted when you drive by it on the 5.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
congrats on your return and thanks for your service over there brotha. glad you made it back safe.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I would love to go to pismo labor day weekend! But I have no means of transportation right now to take my quad. If my buddy let's me use his truck I'll go for sure on Sunday, I'll let you know. BTW, welcome back home bro! Glad you made it home safe;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Camp Roberts is off the 101 and I have a classified mission there. I was planning on going to ride there on friday.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'll be heading to Pismo for Labor Day Weekend. Heading with a group of drag Raptors, should be a good weekend. Reservations for overnight are sold out though, keep that in mind if you don't already have them!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't planning on staying overnight just for a couple of hours. I was just wondering if anybody here was going so that way I can meet up so I'm not by myself. Can I get your number and I can text you on friday morning to see where you are at?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Camp Roberts is off the 101 and I have a classified mission there. I was planning on going to ride there on friday.
That's right, the 101. I've seen it twice.......on the way to my son's school.
Well that means you're one of us now.........even if it's only temporary.:D

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Is this weekend labor day weekend already?! WOW!! that crept up on me! If I don't have jobs pressing I will try to get away for a few hours. I just picked up a trailer last week that I have been refurbishing, I hope i have it done by then. It will be a lot easier to load and unload with this one. That equates to more ride time for me. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
DAmmit! I just looked at my year pass to get out on the beach and it expires Wednesday, looks like I need to make sure I take another $50 with me to buy a new one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
^ well why wouldn't it? haha

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
I know, huh! Its great to keep the pass in the car because I will sometime just cruise down the beach on a nice day just to enjoy the view and see if anyone out there brought out some cool toys. Meet up with a few buddies occasionally to have a couple beers (and smoke) while enjoying a game or 2 of bocci ball after work. Pismo is a nice place to kick back, you don't even have to be riding to enjoy it out there.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Up here we have Freezmo as in freeze-mo-ass-off, not quiet as fun.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys, Ill be in Pismo for Labor day starting thursday. If any one is still going let me know itll be good to group ride.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll b there Friday for a couple of hours. Let me get ur number so we can meet up

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Bulldog, let me know when you guys get out there. I just finished my stage 1 on the duner hoping to see how it does.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts