Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 85 lt250r thats 40 over and i need some ideas on whats going on. after i bought it i swapped the 38mm carb with a stock carb that came with it because the choke was broke off the 38mm and it wouldnt stay running with that one one. ran fine with stock. got to the dunes and broke the piston rings after about 30-45 minutes. little to no scoring on the cylinder and a gouge in the head. cleaned it all up with some emory cloth and put a new piston and rings with gaskets in. rode about 30 minutes and melted the brand new rings. fuel was 32:1. found there was a hotter plug on it got the right plug and put it in. im new here im just trying to find out what else i should do before spending the money on another piston. thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gotta put ur new rings inside the cyl bore. Measure the gap between the ends of the ring. U must find out what that gap should be. If too tight the rings expand when hot and wilt ouch each other. The ring will expand bigger than the bore and seize or break. Whew... Also sheik ur plug Colorado and jetting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts