Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the weekend I was riding my z and I was riding alot of steep hills. alot of them I could take no problem. but one was a bit to steep for my skill. so I tried anyways, about half way up I just couldn't make it. so I tried to go back down and rolled the z once. nothing on the bike was hurt. but the hill was really rocky and my plastic on my back fenders got scratched pretty good. so if anyone knows any tricks to make the scratches not so noticable or deep it would be greatly appreaciated

·
Registered
620 Posts
blow torch, blow torch, blow torch!!!!!!!!!!!!! use a blow torch lol, just run it over the plastic, kinda holding it not too close, it well get rid of scratches and stress marks. just don't hold it over one spot too long or it will burn it, an yother questions about useing one?

·
Registered
143 Posts
whoa beavis, unless you have skills with a blow torch, i would avoid that option. you'll make it worse than it was.

·
Registered
620 Posts
it is easy there butt head...all you have to do is hold it so the flam is not touching, i am 15 and have done it and it came out good.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
scratches=stories
period.
If it don't wash out and don't make me slower, d'un matter to me. My .02

·
Registered
379 Posts
You can run a razor blade perpendicular to the surface and it will help clean up the scratches. This works very well and many dealerships do this to spare the cost of new plastics on used bikes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) you guys all have some very good ideas. i will try to do some work to it, so ride on and keep the info flowin. thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you mess up your fronts and decide to get new ones let me know. I am looking for a used front piece.

·
Registered
40 Posts
they make stuff that i have seen on the Exriders website, its called PC Racing's Plastic Renew
heres the link http://www.exriders.com/reviews/renew.shtml

the guy said it was fairly easy and was happy with his results, should work the same with your Z!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts