Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When removing plastic body parts from your Z400 / KFX400 go easy!
Those plastic buttons that hold the plastic panels together are released by pushing in gently the little circular center button on them. (They can be used over and over) Careful, don't loose either of the 2 parts that make up the button. Once buttons re removed on the panel you wish to remove, GENTLY start to remove the panel. You fill see little finger type things along the edge(s) that plug into slot type openings (panels interconnect together) and they need to be moved gently to left or right to release. These fingers are pretty delicate (especially in very cold weather) and can be damaged/broken off. Important... IF a panel does not remove easily look under it / behind it as there are hidden (not easily visible) black panel holder buttons. For example when you remove the body panel to say jet the carb you will find one hidden button up top.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Also Lowes selles those little rivits. I have not compared the two but i think they will have a size that fits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also Lowes selles those little rivits. I have not compared the two but i think they will have a size that fits.[/b]
That would be great if Lowes has same type/size button fastener. You know Suzuki/Kawasaki will sell them for more then Lowes. IF someone finds out a definite about the Lowes buttons please let us know here!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Being as I am an employee for Lowes i suppose i could check just gotta remember to take one with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts