Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im geting a D.I.D Cam chain and was wondering what i should get a 3/4 or 4/5 ... it is not bored out and no hot cams but i am going to install them in the future... would the 4/5 hurt the motor or no ??? please reply on what i should get!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
get a 3/4. IIRC 4/5 you may have to mod the guides a little. i believe one of the mods on here (cfm-z440 i think) was talking about it in one of the threads. search around a bit you should be able to find it or someone else will chime in. but a 3/4 will work perfectly and be plenty strong enough if that is what you are worried about

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
get the 3/4, you don't need a 4/5 unless you do some major engine mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay thanks alot guys i will et the 3/4 then !!! i appreciate ur help!

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
you would save yourself so much time by searching. even if you dont like this sites search, google will usually come up with this sites threads as results.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
you would save yourself so much time by searching. even if you dont like this sites search, google will usually come up with this sites threads as results.
+1 this

·
Registered
259 Posts
get stock chain i put a DID in about 4 months ago and my ACCT only has few clicks left on it.... my stock chain lasted 4 years...... can anyone say JUNK?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
get stock chain i put a DID in about 4 months ago and my ACCT only has few clicks left on it.... my stock chain lasted 4 years...... can anyone say JUNK?
You're about the only one. The DID chain is far superior to the stock chain. Go with the DID 3/4 chain, it will last you far longer than the stock chain ever will. The stock chains are garbage, along with the stock valves.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i guess i got the only bad DID chain....... guess i will have to try another one?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I haven't put a cam chain in my wheeler yet, but I am curious if anyone actually has measured their cam chain to see how much it has stretched. I know even mountain bike chains stretch, and need to be replaced over time. You can even measure this with a tape measure. Is there any spec, other the the # of clicks on the ACCT to see how much the stock chain has stretched?

I know, if your going to the work of measuring the stretch, you might as well replace. Just curiosity.

Johndeere- Like I said, I personally don't have a DID. But that is the basic upgraded replacement over stock, and it seems to work for everyone on here. Maybe something happened to yours, that is why I am asking if there is a measurement that can be taken between pins in the chain

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i just order that and new valves cost me 350$! i hope my bike runs good after this!

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I haven't put a cam chain in my wheeler yet, but I am curious if anyone actually has measured their cam chain to see how much it has stretched. I know even mountain bike chains stretch, and need to be replaced over time. You can even measure this with a tape measure. Is there any spec, other the the # of clicks on the ACCT to see how much the stock chain has stretched?

I know, if your going to the work of measuring the stretch, you might as well replace. Just curiosity.

Johndeere- Like I said, I personally don't have a DID. But that is the basic upgraded replacement over stock, and it seems to work for everyone on here. Maybe something happened to yours, that is why I am asking if there is a measurement that can be taken between pins in the chain
I lined them up side by side, and the stock chain was a good half inch longer... that's a lot when it comes to such tight tolerances.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i think people here who are still using an auto tensioner go by the 2 clicks left = replace it rule.

i have been replacing mine every season just because its easy, cheap, and good insurance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts