Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a r4 with the k&n air filter and adapter......does anyone have a video on jetting.......im not mechanically engineered and need all the help i can get im not all that confident but i know a shop will charge to much and i wanna do it myself......any help would be appreciated and do u guys know what jet to run as far as the r4 slip on and k&n with no lid.......also do i need to buy some kinda jets or something???

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The best thing a quad rider could do is buy a manual. It would help with showing you how to remove the carb and change the jets. When you order the pipe, tell them how you will run the airbox and filter. They can send you 2or3 main jets that should work. Do some plug checks to see if the jetting is correct. You want a light brown plug at a 3rd-4th gear full throttle shut off. Hope that helps, you could write a book on it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Team Alba website

If you're going to run no lid, then maybe you should look on the team alba website. Their jet kits are made for no lid, and elevations below 2500 ft. Don't be intimidated about the jets, it's actually very simple, and after you do it, you'll laugh at how easy it was. One thing to remember is that some guys on here are saying that the screws to get at the jets are very delicate, as they are made of BRASS. Get yourself a GOOD screwdriver, and be careful not to strip them. Once you have them out, take them to a hardware store and buy more durable one's like steel or another metal.

Here's the link to team alba jet kits...

http://alba.buyol.com/Item/LTZ%2DJKIT.htm

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Team Alba website

Actually they are not made of brass but are simply zink coated. Try em with a magnet and you'll see! Regardless, they are hard to get out thanks to Mikuni! Highly recommended to replace them with an allen head screw. I also replaced the screws in the intake and airbox clamps with allen head screws instead of the stock phillips head screws. Home Depot or Lowe's has em for just a few bucks. Jetting changes are easy. The hardest part is getting the carb out to work on...

Here are some pix of the replacement screws and some of the carb guts and one of a pilot jet. Hope this helps. The MAIN JET is the one with the brass cup around it. Simply unscrew it and put in a 150 or a 155 size jet. I went with a 25 pilot also with good results. Air screw is 3.5 turns out from full closed.

If you're going to run no lid, then maybe you should look on the team alba website.  Their jet kits are made for no lid, and elevations below 2500 ft.  Don't be intimidated about the jets, it's actually very simple, and after you do it, you'll laugh at how easy it was.   One thing to remember is that some guys on here are saying that the screws  to get at the jets are very delicate, as they are made of BRASS.  Get yourself a GOOD screwdriver, and be careful not to strip them.  Once you have them out, take them to a hardware store and buy more durable one's like steel or another metal.

Here's the link to team alba jet kits...
http://alba.buyol.com/Item/LTZ%2DJKIT.htm[/b]

·
Registered
126 Posts
my suzuki shop only charged $10 bucks to jet mine when...

I bought the yoshi ti system and them install it also.

with jetting, under warranty and Titanium full system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts