Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my z back from shop yesterday after paying them 118.00 bucks to install dynojet. I got smoked by a 400ex :twisted: I use to smoke this same 4oo before I installed white bros e-series slip, k&n filter, pro design adaptor and now the jet kit. The z reved good and smooth but doesnt seem to have the power it did. I am at 1200ft what should I do to correct this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited. They ahd needle on second slot from the top and installed a 132 main, also for some reason they installed a hoter plug, sounds to me the hotter plug was used cuz the jetting is not correct

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have heard this same story from others. You have to open up the airbox to gain HP. Pop a couple of 1 inch holes in the lid and put in a 160 main. Put the needle in the stock position and tell you buddy to line them up again.

·
Registered
993 Posts
White Bros Setup

For what it is worth, ATV Rider had an atricle on pipes for the Z and said that in their test, the White Bros E slip on only added .6 HP (6 disks) and .8 HP (12 disks). The full system with the header added 2.5 HP (6 disks) and 2.9 HP (12 disks). With the air box mods and proper jetting, you should get 3-4 HP and smoke that EX. I guess it depends upon his mods, but you said you beat him before. Maybe he added a set of cams, piston, gasket, and ported.

Out!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sounds like they could have put in a main that was too big to compensate for the mis-setting of the needle (aren't those things usually on the 3 clip slot?)

You might want to download the manual from Dynojet's site and take a look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: White Bros Setup

For what it is worth, ATV Rider had an atricle on pipes for the Z and said that in their test, the White Bros E slip on only added .6 HP (6 disks) and .8 HP (12 disks). The full system with the header added 2.5 HP (6 disks) and 2.9 HP (12 disks). With the air box mods and proper jetting, you should get 3-4 HP and smoke that EX. I guess it depends upon his mods, but you said you beat him before. Maybe he added a set of cams, piston, gasket, and ported.

Out![/b]
He has made the same mods to his ex I have to my Z white bro slip on, k&n filter he also had his bkie in shop for re jetting and all they did to his was put in a stock 155 main it had a 148 main and that changed his tremendosly. Later!!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Did they remove the snorkel cover? That made a huge difference on mine without having to hack the airbox. Also, not sure on your jetting but it sounds lean.

Hotter plug won't make a difference except your plug will appear cleaner. You'll find that in most cases when you up the hP (which you didn't that much) a colder plug is needed to dispense more heat from the plug. The plug does 2 things... make a spark and dissipate heat from the cylinder. A hotter plug means it will shed less heat. For some good reading, NGK's website has great explanations and there are other sites that will explain the misunderstandings of plug heat ranges.

What does a 132 dj main equate to in mikuni sizes?

Take it back and make them fix it. Sounds like they did a bum job.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
with my Z, i put in a 155 main jet. i have a full DMC Alien exhaust and a uni, with the airbox lid removed. the needle is on clip #2, but i am at about 6000 ft.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: White Bros Setup

Out![/b]
With mine stock I smoke an ex with an White Bros R4. So I dont know how you got smoked in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts