Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to do some more intesnse plug reads. I knew something wasn't right when I had to go from a 130 to a 145 main and 4th clip on the alba needle and the porcelain was still white. Mods were just remove snorkel baffel and drill out peashooter and wall behind pea shooter.

I examined the electrode (ground strap) and the burn marks were all the way down to the base ring (the flat part at the top of the threads). This indicates a too hot plug as well as the white porcelain. It should just be burnt to the bend.

Reading the jetting on the base ring (which will be pretty much the same color as the piston) also showed too rich of a jetting.

My Z has the CR7E plug. I plan on going to the CR8E plug (hope I can find one in town!) and dropping the main to a 140 and the needle to #3. Then doing more plug checks.

She was running strong, but even so, it was a little sluggish. I have a feeling this is going to help a lot. Also, once in a while people behind me mentioned a smell... like unburnt fuel. Makes sense.

I'd take pics, but I don't think they'd show up. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
check the gap too...Barely Legal said he opened his up and got a nice gain. I just changed mine from .29 to .36....I'll let Ya know how it works next time I ride.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bv...see my post on the other thread.
My A$$ dyno says YES on the wider gap.
try .035-.037

1 - 3 of 3 Posts