Polaris 700 or 600

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is looking to buy a new quad, and we decided to get either the Polaris 700 Twin or 600 Twin...They have the same specs except the engine size...they both weigh 740lbs dry...I think we should get the 700...

Which one do you people think we should get?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
700 of couse, if they have ALL the same specs besides engine size then definetely the 700, but i wouldn't recommend either myself, i'd say get a Prarie 640, it's got more power than both of those quads, plus has been proven in multiple test that it is better than ALL other big-bore 4x4's

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were thinking Polaris 700 or 600, Grizzly 660, Praire 650, and Rincon...we went to go look at the Rincon, didnt like it, we wanted IRS, so that ruled out the Praire, and the Grizzly had somethings about it we didnt like, so we decided on the sportsman 700 or 600...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well Dan if u want raw power tell your dad to buy the sp700. But if u want maybe a lil less power and a lighter quad that basically can do everything the sp700 can do get the sp600. Also u can't forget the fact that the sp600 is a first year machine that could have problems when compared to the sp700 which probably has had all the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Dan if u want raw power tell your dad to buy the sp700. But if u want maybe a lil less power and a lighter quad that basically can do everything the sp700 can do get the sp600. Also u can't forget the fact that the sp600 is a first year machine that could have problems when compared to the sp700 which probably has had all the bugs worked out.[/b]
"lighter quad"...it weighs the same as the 700...they are both 740lbs...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
740?!?! that is heavy as crap, but anyway, prarie didn't have IRS, what is that?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Independent Rear Suspension...a quad has A arms instead of a swing arm...Either 2 or 4 of them...Its almost the same as the front of an quad where you see the 2 or 4 a arms, one can move up or down, and the other can stay inplace or move in a different direction...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
yea, ok, i know what Independent Rear Suspension is, just didn't know that that was what you were referring to when you said IRS, yea, that's the one thing that the prarie doesn't have, the one thing i don't like about it, but it's still such an awsome quad that it doesn't matter

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
so, when ya'll supposed to be gettin' it? I love my Z, but dang it's fun to every once in a while stick the Prarie in AWD and plow through the biggest mudholes I can find

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
For a little bit more money i would go with the 700.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We went by the dealership today...we got them to lower the price...and give us 10% off everything that we got in accessories, and for life...Other places dont do that, or only do it the day you buy the quad...We got the 700, 2500lbs winch, plow, and skidplates...We have to wait until monday to pick it up :(...but it should be worth the wait...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts