Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm standing on the shoulders of giants here, but I have taken a poor man's direction because that's what I am.

Blob is gone and I added a $4.00 poorman's tether and a $5.00 start button. The rest went in the dumpster.

You will need to get a choke button to mount on the carb (big improvement on the OEM which breaks all the time), a new start switch (off an RM or whatever), and a trailer plug for your poorman's tether. The pics illustrate but for clarity:

Under the light/key cluster cover I cut back beyond the plugs that come from the clutch safety and the blob connector. There I connected the ORANGE wire which carries power to all of this stuff (keep the joint to the right handlebar so you will have a brake light) up to one side of my NC tether then the other side comes down to the ORANGE/WHITE you find nearby under there. For the start button, I connected BLACK/WHITE to one side and YELLOW/BLACK to the other. Since I also dumped the light switch for hi beams I twisted together the GRAY wire and the YELLOW wire and capped off the WHITE lo beam wire. I used a snip of bicycle inner tube to cover all the new wiring and very securely zip tied the trailer plug to the handle bar. For the "pull" part of of the poorman's tether, I chose to use stainless safety wire for strength. It has worked flawlessly because I left enough loose so that it will pull apart in any direction. Unplug that and the engine dies! The rest is gone and it all works dandy!

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I want to remove the blob. Is it okay to completlety remove the kill switch ?
As long as wherever you're riding it's not required, sure. You can just use the key to turn the quad off.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
The fly racing button is the best looking/working one but it is a little spendy.

·
Registered
573 Posts
yes. a kill button off of something like a rm will work, i have one on mine....hasnt failed yet

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I was looking at the link posted to the kill switch and saw this. You could install this and still have all the functions of the blob without the choke and the blob itself. It would allow for the use of a hotstart reverse as well......might look a bit cheezy though.
On/Off start light switch dual sport motorcycle atv mx | eBay

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts