Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 z400.

When I'm coming up to a stop or corner, I let off the gas and let it slow itself down. Once I let off the gas my Z starts making this " popping" sound. Like a backfire but it'll keep doing it until I'm back on the gas.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
dirty pilot jet or need a bigger pilot jet or open up the fuel screw till it stops.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Mine pops to some time coming down from wot and it will pop a few times but I was told that it was gas build up and I have a completely hollowed out can. My bet is on the Carb.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine pops to some time coming down from wot and it will pop a few times but I was told that it was gas build up and I have a completely hollowed out can. My bet is on the Carb.
Thanks for the input. What exactly would you think, just a dirty darb? or something else?

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
Thanks for the input. What exactly would you think, just a dirty darb? or something else?
If it didn't do it before and you have not changed anything I'd say dirty pilot jet. You may also want to clean your air filter if it hasn't been done lately.....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It's gotta be too lean. Try air/fuel screw. If your out a lot of turns then its time to go bigger on the pilot..

·
Registered
1 Posts
03 z400.

When I'm coming up to a stop or corner, I let off the gas and let it slow itself down. Once I let off the gas my Z starts making this " popping" sound. Like a backfire but it'll keep doing it until I'm back on the gas.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Hey you found out what was the issue? Mine is doing the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts