Suzuki Central Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how we're going to do this - this thread will be a locked thread, just to keep the sidebar conversations to a minimum. We're also going to follow a set format for information, to make this a valuable tool for others - with consistant information, it's easier to compare data. It's very similar to what we did for the Jetting Database.

You, as a user, should start your own thread, and follow the information format listed below. A Mod or Admin will copy your post and add your information to this locked thread. In your thread that you create, there can be as much discussion as needed/wanted. That won't affect this thread.

These are all freeflow fields, type what you want, as long as you give the requested information below - you can even copy the text below and fill in the info. Just stick to the format.

Post chart: as well as what brand/model dyno it was done on.

Displacement:
Total displacement, include piston size/brand, crankshaft specs, cylinder (if it's aftermarket or just a bored stocker)...

Compression ratio:
What's your comp ratio? Just list it...

Valvetrain:
What size/brand your valves are, what cams you're running, anything different than "stock" for the valve springs...

Induction:
What carb and air mods you have, anything special that you did to mod the airflow, what filter you run...

Porting:
Who did your port work? List the shop or person, what kind of porting they did (drag, MX, Woods, bottom end, midrange, mid-top, etc.)...

Exhaust:
What brand of exhaust do you have? List any mods that you've done to improve the exhaust system or exhaust flow...

Ignition:
Any power producing ignition system mods - different CDI, aftermarket plug wire, diffrent spark plug than the stock CR7E...

Flywheel: Stocker, lightened stocker, aftermarket, whatever...

Tires used: What brand, type and size? Were they dyno tires, knobs, SM tires? List what was run on the drum...

Gearing: What size/brand of front & rear sprockets? What chain?...

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
n
n
Displacement:
484 JE piston 95.5 bore hotrod +5 athena cylinder
Compression ratio:
13.7:1
Valvetrain:
RHC valves +1intakes , RHC #187 cams , DRZ springs
Induction:
YFZ FCR 39 taper bored to 42mm , RAT stack , trx450r air boot, air filter is of my own design
Porting:,
i do my own porting
Exhaust:
Barker
Ignition:
dynatek programable
Flywheel:
TT -16
Tires used:
dyno tires 20X10X10
Gearing:
13 f 38 r DID chain

·
Administrator
7,734 Posts

This was my 440 on the dyno at Little Sahara Power Sports back in 07 This engine eventually made quite a bit more high rpm power with a few changes, but never made it back to a dyno, and ended up lunching a rod bearing. The two pulls shown were on two different settings of my programable ignition. You will notice that the chart is a little weird because the numbers on the left side of the chart are HP numbers, and the numbers on the right side of the chart are TQ numbers. The Numbers are not the same from side to side, so it makes the chart look strange. That is why the torque and horsepower do not cross at 5250 rpm.

Displacement:
440cc's, Wiseco 94.5mm piston, stock jug sleeved, stock crank

Compression ratio:
13.5:1

Valvetrain:
Old Style Hot Cams, Kibblewhite valves, DRZe springs

Induction:
Mikuni HS40 40mm carb (This was an old Harley Davidson carb that works much like the FCR, but they have slide sticking issues) Stock carb to air box boot, which I found out later was killing my horsepower, aluminium air box, K&N filter with outerware.

Porting:
Light clean-up and valve unshrouding done by me.

Exhaust:
HMF sport series full system

Ignition:
Dyna programable ignition, Nology hotwire, CR8E (cooler plug for high compression)

Flywheel: Stock

Tires used: Whatever it is that they use at Little Sahara Powersports. They were not knobs, more like a TT type tire

Gearing: Stock chain, stock sprockets

·
Registered
106 Posts
Might be hard to read but its, 47HP and 31.4TQ This dyno is Without my Trailtech flywheel, bored out Fcr, single layer gasket, and programable dyna ignition. Those are waiting to be installed and will have dyno numbers with those parts in a couple months.

Displacement:
JE 434cc piston, with 3 layer gasket (not single layer)

Compression ratio:
11.? with 3 layer

Valvetrain:
Hot Cams, Drz springs, stock head, stock valves

Induction:
Ds650 boot (cut shorter to fit), 450r Uni filter, Heavily modified air box, Fcr 39 with NOSS adapter

Porting:
No porting

Exhaust:
LTE Dual exhaust (Looney Tuned)

Ignition:
Big Gun rev box for now

Flywheel:
Stock

Tires used:
Dyno tires were used

Gearing:
Stock gearing and chain

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,734 Posts
53.5 hp 36.31 ft lbs, and a very spread out powerband. This is a great "do everything" engine.

This was done on apr 6 2011 at Little Sahara Sand Sports. Those guys are awesome. We made a bunch of runs, and Mike even let me try a handful of FCI's just to study the changes. :cool:

Displacement:
470 cc's Max Power CP piston, Namura cylinder, Hot Rods +5 stroker crank

Compression ratio:
12.5:1 (Was told it would be 13.5:1 but found out otherwise)

Valvetrain:
+1 Ferrea valves, Web 539+3/539 cams ( IN 262*@.050 .4" lift 111*LCL EX 256*@.050 .4" lift 112*LCL) Hot Cams adjustable sprockets, DRZ exhaust springs, LTZ(outer)/DRZ(inner) intake springs, DID 4/5 row timing chain, home made MCCT.

Induction:
FCR 40 carb with a Rat Stack (215 main jet, NCY needle on the 4th clip) This chart shows a modded ESR, a home made straight tube intake, and various FCI intakes (Thanks to Mike at Little Sahara Sand Sports for supplying the FCI's)

Porting:
Normal Z did the port work, then I finished it out after the +1 valve install. The choke point is 70% of the valve diameter in the intake side, and the intake valve guides are cut off flush with the port roof. The port throats had to be opened up by hand once I realized that the place that cut the seats had not touched them.

Exhaust:
HMF sports series, shortened 2" @ the silencer, and with a home made lead pipe. I cut the HMF header at the first weld, and duplicated the lead pipe which was 1-1/2" pipe, and is now 1-5/8" I got the tubing as stainless steel J bends from Jegs.

Ignition:
Dyna Programable, curve #1, Nology hotwire, CR9EK spark plug

Flywheel:
Trail Tech -16oz

Tires used:
20" dyno tires

Gearing:
14/40 gearing steel sprockets, Parts Unlimited o-ring chain

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Displacement:
434cc, CP piston, Namura 434 cylinder, stock crank

Compression ratio:
12.5:1

Valvetrain:
Stock valves, Ferrea springs, Web 540/539 cams

Induction:
'08 KX450 40mm. FCR carb ( FS 2.5 turns, 45 pilot, NJGR needle #3, 165 main jet at '4400 elevation ) 450R carb boot ( no box ), K&N filter

Porting:
DT Performance of Utah ( Dewey Thompson ) Flow bench

Exhaust:
Yoshimura RS2 exhaust

Ignition:
Dyna non programmable, NGK CR8EIX spark plug

Flywheel: Trail Tech -16oz flywheel

Tires used: Hoosier 20" Dyno tires

Gearing: Stock

Attachments

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Post your Dyno sheet 490 build

Post chart: Dyno jet Dyno. Unsure of model

Displacement: 490cc, hot rods plus 5mm crank, ice cube 96mm with cp stroker piston, titanium wrist pin

Compression ratio: I'd guess 12.5 to 1 runs on 93 pump

Valvetrain: stock size del west titanium valves. Stock locks, retainers and locators. Single valve springs from RD valve springs. Custom grind web cams [email protected], .430 lift on intake. [email protected], .434 lift exhaust.

Induction: 43.5mm bored fcr carb. Fuel customs intake

Porting: I did the port work

Exhaust: modified barker drag pipe

Ignition: dyna fs Cdi. Stock coil. Iridium ngk 7 series plug

Flywheel: Trailtech

Tires used: Hoosier Dyno tires

Gearing: 14t front. 43 rear. Primary drive non oring chain

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Post your Dyno chart 525 build

Post chart: Dyno jet Dyno. Unsure of model

Displacement: 525cc, hot rods crank stroked plus 10mm, ice cube 96mm with cp stroker piston, titanium wrist pin, 1/4" spacer plate. No counter balancer

Compression ratio: I'd guess 12.5- 13.0 to 1 runs on 93 pump

Valvetrain: stock size del west titanium valves. Stock locks, retainers and locators. Single valve springs from RD valve springs. Custom grind web cams [email protected], .430 lift on intake. [email protected], .434 lift exhaust.

Induction: 48mm mikuni hsr. Fuel customs intake

Porting: I did the port work

Exhaust: modified barker drag pipe

Ignition: dyna fs Cdi. Stock coil. Iridium ngk 7 series plug

Flywheel: Stock

Tires used: Hoosier Dyno tires

Gearing: stock front and rear. Elcheapo eBay chain non oring

·
Registered
511 Posts
Post chart:

Displacement:
462 +4mm Athena cylinder and piston +4mm hotrods crank

Compression ratio:

Valvetrain:
+1mm Ferrea intake and exhaust valves, 539/539 web cams, kibble white valve springs

Induction:
LTR 450 throttle body, shorten 700 raptor boot, 3x5x6 uni filter, a custom air box that I made

Porting:
CFM porting

Exhaust:
Barker exhaust

Ignition:
CR8E spark plug, stock cdi

Flywheel:
Stocker

Tires used:
20-10-9 Dunlop

Gearing:
14 front 38 rear with D.I.D. mx o-ring chain

·
Administrator
7,734 Posts
CFM Motorsports Z490 TT build

UPdated 1-25-2020
66hp, 42ft/lbs Dyno'd on a Dynomite ATV/MC inertia dyno at CFM Motorsports in Ceylon, MN

Displacement:
490cc, +6 bore cylinder works cylinder with the water passages welded shut, and holes drilled to match the head gasket, and o-ringed. (This was a band-aid, don't use the cylinder works cylinder at 96mm)
+5 hot rods stroker crank, +6 custom JE Piston only available from CFM Motorsports

Compression ratio:

Valvetrain:
Custom Web cams, +1/+2 custom Ferrea valves, all from CFM Motorsports, Ferrea springs

Induction:
44 FCR 42P, NCVQ 4th, #70LJ, 195M, has an Athena dual stream acc pump kit, and a Thunder Products Intelajet, being activated where needed, by the Dyna.
05 trx450r carb to head boot, FCI intake for a carb YFZ shortened 1" No air box, more of a shield

Porting:
+1/+2 porting by CFM Motorsports

Exhaust:
Empire Industries shorty

Ignition:
Dyna Programmable ignition box, curves messed with, set to 11000 rpm
Stock coil, CR8EK

Flywheel:
Trail Tech -16oz

Tires used:
Big heavy 20" Duro street tires on steel rims. (only non knobs I have sitting around)

Gearing:
14/40 JT sprockets, RK X ring chain

·
Administrator
7,734 Posts
70HP Methanol Drag Build CFM Motorsports

This build is on methanol (alcohol) fuel.

70hp, 44ft lbs.

Displacement:
490cc, +6 bore cylinder works cylinder with the water passages welded shut, and holes drilled to match the head gasket, and o-ringed. (This was a band-aid, don't use the cylinder works cylinder)
+5 hot rods stroker crank, +6 custom JE Piston only available from CFM Motorsports

Compression ratio:

Valvetrain:
Custom Web cams, +1/+2 custom Ferrea valves, all from CFM Motorsports, Kibblewhite springs

Induction:
Mikuni HSR 45 with no main jet, a drilled needle jet, and a Thunder Products power valve. FCI intake for an early YFZ, with the insert.

Porting:
+1/+2 porting by CFM Motorsports

Exhaust:
Empire Industries shorty

Ignition:
Dyna Programmable ignition box, custom curve,
Stock coil, CR8E

Flywheel:
Trail Tech -16oz

Tires used:
Big heavy 20" Duro street tires on steel rims. (only non knobs I have sitting around)

Gearing:
14/40 JT sprockets, RK X ring chain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.