Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a power commander 5 on my 2013 Ltz 400 along with a full exhaust. After installing the programmer the quad would hesitate when mashing the gas from idle in only in second gear it seemed. I took the power commander off and tried again and it didn’t do it anymore so I reinstalled the power commander and took the quad to have it professionally dyno tuned and it still was happening so he told me it was a electrical issue something about it not getting a good reading of rpms and that I should clean my grounds and it should go away. So I cleaned the grounds I could find and it still is doing it. Has anyone had this issue? Or have any ideas what to do to fix it? It runs great besides this.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Not sure I would trust that shop. If it was electrical, it should have that problem all the time. I’m guessing the map is too rich down low in RPMs so it falls on its face under load until it can build rpms. I would find a different, reputable tuner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I would trust that shop. If it was electrical, it should have that problem all the time. I’m guessing the map is too rich down low in RPMs so it falls on its face under load until it can build rpms. I would find a different, reputable tuner.
Kinda weird because I tried a few different tunes off the website and even the stock tune and it still did it but when I unplugged the PowerCommander there was no hesitation. I don’t really want to spend another 400 bucks for a dyno tune to have the same result.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
If you’ve done all of that, possibly a bad power commander then.

Reactions: amcf18

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same it bog on low rpm it want to die on idle when smashing full throttle it goes bra... braaaaaaaaaa i bought this to get lowend power not to get those... bogin time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a 2009 with the same problem using a brand new powercommander 5

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi nic contact dyno jet there is a firmware fix for this issue
Do you happen to know the name of the firmware? I contacted them and got an update not too long ago. Currently waiting for a warranty replacement to show up…

1 - 11 of 11 Posts