Suzuki Central Forum banner

Who is the Predator 500 from?

• Or a Raptor and Cdale went to the bedroom, and 9 months later out came a Predator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombardier

• Polaris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at this pic its already falling apart
Also you know this is from Bombardier cause look at the cylinder head on a ds650 and then look at the predators they look almost the same.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I think bombadier, becuase i heard from a dealer that they are coming out with a new sport quad...but it could be polaris....

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Polaris is coming out with something called the "MSX"...so maybe thats there quad...and the predator is bombadier...does anyone know what the MSX is?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watercraft

·
Registered
439 Posts
It is for sure a polaris. On a website with the preditors specs it is manufactored by polaris industries. Polaris is the only company company that uses Fox Shocks. And its 420lbs! But it can Kill modified raptors!

·
Registered
17 Posts
really?

have u seen it burn a raptor?

·
Registered
439 Posts
No i Read an article on it and they said they raced it agasinst everything and it was even smoking the modified raptors. Its expensive though and race ready, dont expect to see many of them besides at the track.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took this from Off-road .com I recently ran across some pro riders testing a new performance ATV called "Predator 500". They would give no other clues other than I would find out all the details with the rest of the world, in the Fall. While they would not reveal the manufacturer of the ATV, I did recognize a few OEM parts that only 1 manufacturer uses, so I do have a good hypothesis who makes it...

Here are the juicy details:

499CC 4-stroke motor with electric start
Liquid-cooled engine, with a large capacity radiator
5 Speed Manual Clutch Transmission, no reverse gear
Suspension:

Dual A-arm front with Fox Shox
Non-link rear swing arm
Adjustable rear Fox Shox with remote reservoir
Chro-molly rear axle, similar to the aftermarket race axles
Width, about 2 inches wider than a 400EX
Estimated weight 420 lbs.
Tires:

Maxxis Razr PR performance tires (front 21x7-10 rear 20x11-10)
Douglas Aluminum wheels (looked to be .190)
Miscellaneous:

Heavy-duty composite swing arm skid plate was impressive!
Ok, with that in mind, do you want to know how it performs? Me too! I asked them if they would go out and race the other ATV's there - including a Honda 400EX, Yamaha Raptor, and Suzuki Z400.

Drag Races:

The Predator 500 took first every time, beating out even the modified Raptors, by a huge margin. Clearly it was the fastest 4-stroke on the sand that day. How did it do up against the 2-strokes? We couldn't get any 2-strokers to race it! Bummer.

It seems to me that this is going to be a competitive sport ATV, packed with great stock features plenty of power, and a great suspension. I can't wait until this Fall to find out more

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Like 350Master said, I believe that the MSX is a watercraft.
That predator is ok lookin. The reason it rough lookin is b/c supposedly they are takin 2 of em across the country and testing them in woods/tracks/etc... Theyve been put through alot.
I think its a Polaris, but only time will tell for sure. 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the predator is nasty looking and probaly manufactered bad and looks likes its going to cost a arm and a leg!

·
Registered
94 Posts
It would make sense that it a Polaris. Actually I'm gonna say Honda. Yep I think its a Honda, lets have a poll!
:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Here yea go:

Word Mark PREDATOR
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: All-Terrain Vehicles
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76354753
Filing Date January 3, 2002
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Owner (APPLICANT) polaris Industries Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 2100 Highway 55 Medina MINNESOTA 55340
Attorney of Record David C. West
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

·
Registered
51 Posts
yup, i was looking for that trademark info on atv connection, some dude in the polaris forum their was the guy who found the trade mark, i originally thought it was a honda, or yamaha, its a bit heavy 420 lbs, 2 big for a race quad, track anyways, itl be in desert races etc etc, but i dont think it will ever make it to the mx tracks, unless they figure out how to take about 50-60 pounds off that big boy, also it looks terribly uncomfortable....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I think it's going to be an awesome quad. Don't think I'll be trading in the Z for one, but what I really like is it's just another quad that'll put the ex in it's place, behind and in the dust.
peace

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts