Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who haven't seen the PRM skids, here they are. I just got them today and will install them later tonight. The swingarm skid is pretty heavy duty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I'm not so sure about these skids. Some of the holes don't line up correctly and I've already messed up two of the threaded holes in the swingarm. :x I didn't realize that the two holes at the rear of the swingarm didn't line up properly and when I started threading the screws in I bunged up the tops of the threads. Time to go find a tap and see if I can clean up those threads.

·
Registered
660 Posts
shoulda gotten' the pro armor :wink: j/k. didn't have any problems with mine. make sure you fix those threads or the skid won't clamp on properly and might fall off on a trail :roll:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Glad to hear it went together well, I have the pro armors yet to put on, and my girl has the prm's. I'm laid up with having my four impacted wisdom teeth extracted. I am chipmunk man, I've fallen and can't reach my percocet!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I dont know what is the best now a days but back in my day prm made the best swingarm skid for sure. I like how it is one piece. I cant see the seperate piece for the linkage actually providing anything more than scratch protection. you know like the the stock set up but aluminum instead of plastic. Pro armor looks good but the swingarm is flat from side to side and doesnt raise up in the middle. xc guys will tend to bottom out every now and then with that style. The ruts "sometimes" look like a mold of a skidplate and most have the section between sproket and brake raised. Only a concern at national xc really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
nice skid plates! i havent seen the PRM's yet. i really like how they mold around the swingarm, could you post a few picks of the swing arm skid(ground clearance, and just a shoot of the whole swing arm skid)? if you get a chance that would be cool. i think this is the brand ill be going with.....how much for just the swing arm piece? did you gain or loose ground clearance vs. the stock skid plate?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So you had problems with the swingarm skid plate too...lol...i had to stand the quad up on the rear grab bar, and rethread the holes...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I got the PRM skid about a mounth ago, I guess I was lucky, mine bolted right up. It was close though, needs just a little more adjustment to make it easier.

I would say the ground clerance is greater with the PRM over factory, Looking at the clerance between the sprocket and skid.

Mine has taken some fairly hard hits, with no bends, yet. Getting to relaxed about what I stratle. Good skids will do this .....

Later...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Z400 Swing Arm Skid Plates

Sorry to hear about your troubles, emsviko. We redesigned the holes and haven't heard of any problems since. Thanks for the input on our plates all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts