Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope this link works.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/vooduu_child....src=bc&.view=l
I have the pro armor belly skid too, the prm is for the girlfriend. This way, we can do our own little shootout. Man, got my pro armor stuff in the mail, and there were no stickers, darn them, don't they know stickers make it faster!?
peace

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Pro-Armor product is great. Puts the stock suzuki skids to shame...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, the pro armor is a Show quality looking piece. all their Stuff is.
I decided on Pro Armor, and bought every piece for my Z.

What made my final decision was the skid plate for the swingarm. A friend of mine has it, and if you notice from Vooduu pics the PRM has like a valley between the rear disc and sprocket. We were riding and he actually got hung up on a rock that wedged right in this valley, and he was STUCK because of it. We did get it out, and the skid only has some superficial damage, but I did not like the way it hung up like it did.

I think they are both great quality skids, but after my research I ordered the complete Z400 kit, and became a dealer.
Email me at [email protected] if you have any questions, or want discount pricing on the Pro Armor Stuff :)

LOBE
~~~~

·
Registered
3 Posts
The PRM Swing Arm Skid Plate

Wow, never heard of anyone getting stuck on our swing arm plate...The plate has that "valley" to provide maximum ground clearance. Man, you guys must have been riding hard.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
One of the main reasons i got PRM over Pro Armor was cost...and that PRM had the shock linkage plate built into the skid plate...It seems like both companies have very good skid plates to choose from...Not that I dont like Pro Armor, but I love my PRM skids...they have taken all the abuse I have given them...it seems when they designed it, they had riders like me in mind, and i hope Pro Armor did too...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wow, Im glad I got the PRM. I have smashed the snot out f it on massive rocks (not intensionally) and havent even bent it, Im very impressed with its durability. The Pro Armor doesnt look anywhere near as durable. :roll:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Look Again at the quality.....

Looks like you not looking too close :)

the Pro Armor pieces are the best quality out there. Granted they are both great add ons; but the Pro Armor is in no way inferior to the PRM.

LOBE
~~~~~

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't comment on PRM, I haven't held their product in my hands, but the Pro-Armor Skid looks and FEELS indestructable to me. I've had it and the belly skid for 3 weeks and haven't been disappointed yet. I didn't get the A-Arm skids, cause I hope the wife gets me a trick set of Roll Designs for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump. Thought those new to the board could use this.
peace

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Ok which one is easier to take on and off? which one is lighter? which one will hold less mud? How is grease fitting access with either? I haven't seen these issues talked about yet.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easier to take off, I'd say Pro Armor.
Lighter, um, not sure, it was a while back. I think the Pro Armor is, just because it's two pieces and altogether less metal.
Holds less mud, probably PRM, but neither seem to keep much for very long.
Ease of greasing goes to PRO Armor as the PRM covers the fittings with the underneath shock guard.
Both are great quality, great protection, and since the PRM has the same design at the rear of the quad as stock, you don't loose any ground clearance in the center of the swing like you do with the pro armor. I still like my pro armor, I just hit a few more rocks than my girl is all.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thanks for the quick response and thanks for putting those pix up. I have to admit I like the looks of the Pro Armour, but I have also had all PRM on my Mojave and I liked them, and PRM was very helpful. (I even helped them redesign the Mojave skid) I like the channel in the middle of the PRM, less skid to hit anything. I dunno it might have to come down to price, what did each cost?

Resq where are you in Ohio?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe the PRM was like 79. or 89. and the pro armor was under 130. Can't remember exact numbers, seems like forever ago already since we got them. It was long enough though to have gotten one from PRM's first batch which the holes didn't line up. This happened to a few of us here at the board and a couple of us, myself included ended up stripping holes in our swing arms. It's all good with PRM now though, they fixed their machines to put holes where they're supposed to go.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am a Pro Armor dealer, and can get the Z400 Swingarm skid for you for a good price :)

email me at [email protected] for prices and info.

I researched them all, and have friends with both, and chose to go with the Pro Armor setup. They are exceptional quality, and work awesome :)

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~~

·
Registered
837 Posts
Trying to decide which skid plate to get between the PRM and the Pro Armor. When looking at both of them I come up with a few questions, on the Pro Armor with the seperate skid and shock linkage plate has anyone caught the leading edge of the skid plate on anything or is it high enough to go over obstacles plus do you really catch more with the skid being flat on the bottom opposed to the valley style. On the PRM with the shock linkage incorporated with the skid does the drop down area hit alot of obstacles?
I want to go do some more riding in some areas that have a lot of rocks and I can't until I get a good skid plate on as you all know with the stock one being made of plastic.
Also LobeZ I still have your e-mail.

Thanks,
DadsZ400

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've not hit the little protector on anything yet, it's the big skid that I slam crap into all the time. I like my girlfriend's PRM better than my pro armor swing skid. Love the pro armor belly skid though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
i like my pro armor skid. i've beaten the living [email protected] out of it and is holdin' up great. customer service is also exceptional and they are always looking to improve upon their products. a good example is that whenever they hear something negative or even a small complaint from just one person, they quickly try to solve the problem. now i think that's good customer service.

btw, there is a proarmor link in my sig but it deson't mean i'm employed by them. just a very happy customer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i've had a PRM skid on the swingarm of my LT for almost 3 years, i've smacked the tar out or it plenty of times(mostly at reiter trails.. a big rocky area)... yeah it shows some scars, but i'll be buying one of them for my Z when i get it .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts