Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my pro armor engine,swingarm and side frame guards this weekend.. I have to give them a B+. Nice product. All the holes lined up perfectly. Only slight complaint is they could afford to give you a bit longer bolts because where they tell you to put the rubber dampener pushes the plate like 1/4 inch away from the frame. I think they use aluminum for the hooks which I think is kind of a bad idea also. I was afraid I was gonna strip them out tightening. I used a torque wrench to be sure. They only call for like 12 ft lbs. Doesnt seem like a lot to hold em on. I used loctite so hopefully they wont vibrate loose. I had prm skids for my raptor and they were junk. Thick metal but the holes never lined up and they forgot to send the hardware with my initial order.. Needless to say, I wont be ordering anything from them again. Anyway. I feel a little better about the underside protection now...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I added some rubber cushions in between the frame skid and the frame also; although the bolts were plenty long enough. I use pieces of a extra 6rib serpentine belt form my Mustang; it works perfect.

I also locktite all our installs, for insurance.

The Pro Armor pieces are awesome, and I also found some flaws with the PRM stuff. That is why we only use Pro Armor now.

I became a dealer so if anyone needs any Pro Armor pieces give me an email at [email protected]; and I can save you some cash :):):)

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts