Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, today was my first day since wednesday I even left the house to do anything after my surgery. And since I had my pro armors sitting around, my girl had her prm skid, we decided to do it. Yes, the prm will give you more clearance than the pro armor. Both are very stout and very nice units as far as durability. Now, installation. We opted to do hers first since all she had was a swing arm skid from prm. Well, the holes didn't line up. No matter what order we put them in, this was just a no go. We are calling them tomorrow to give them an earful, and sending it back. However, she is going to stick with it for the clearance. Now, as for the pro armor, man, so easy to put on. It wasn't really even a two person project for the swing arm. Nice. Then we did the belly skid. Two person project if wanna make it easy. Then it's on in just a couple of minutes. All in all, both are good, quality products. I've heard numerous people complain of the prm's holes not lining up, but it's cheaper than the armor, and gives you a tad more clearance. Will post pics as soon as she gets her back and we put it on. Then we can side by side them for you all. I like both and this is just going to be one of those preference things. I'm going with 22's on mine anyhow, so I don't care about the clearance. Hope this helps those who are in the market for skids, and if you own a stock Z, we know you are.
peace

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanx for the update, keep us posted :)

After looking at both I chose the Pro Armor.
Especially after my friend got a rock wedged right in the valley of the PRM swing arm skid. And he also had to tap new threads into his swingarm because the PRM skid did not line up and he stripped the threads out :(:(

I now became a dealer, so email me at [email protected] if you need any more info and also some discount pricing :)

Thanx,
LOBE
~~~~

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just picked up my PRM swingarm and frame skids today. I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to install them. Vooduu Child, when you mentioned the PRM holes not lining up I was reminded of the PRM swingarm skid I bought for my Raptor. The holes didn't line up on that either. It wasn't a big deal for me 'cause I just used a die grinder to enlarge the holes but I could see how it would be a problem without air tools. On the plus side the welds on the PRM skids are first rate. It's a seriously heavy duty skid plate. Thanks for your update. That stuff definitly helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The PRM Z400 Swing Arm Plate

While it's true some riders had some trouble mounting our z400 swing arm skid plate, the problem was quickly corrected and we've had no complaints since. We're still not sure what happened, the z400 we have here in the shop lined up quick and easy.
VooDuu Child, how easy was the replacement to put on?

Disclaimer: Thom does not represent the Management, or Ownership in any way, shape, or form. He is responsible for his own words and actions, and PRM Products cannot be held accountable for his words.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I too had problems with the swing arm skid...i had to stand the quad up on its grab bar to make it easier to put on...and i stripped the threads on a few holes...i just used the orignal bolts, and some strength to remake the threads...but it was worth the work...especially after my long ride today...lol...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New skid lined up fine. Fine meaning there was only minor grinding to holes needed. This after having to fix bunged up threads under advice from PRM people. Oh well, live and learn. The holes were definitely out of whack moreso on the first skid after compairing both skids. Oh well, is all good now and time will tell who's will hold up better. I betting on the PRM, but not because it's any better, but my girl doesn't ride half as hard as I do.
peace

·
Registered
179 Posts
I ordered some PRM skids this week( full belly skid, a-arm and swingarm and a front bumper) if they don't fit they will be sent back. The one thing that i can't stand is spending good money and things not being right. I had a DG skid on my 400ex it wasn't right from the start but i thought i will make it work it turned out to be more hassle than what it was worth. I learned my lesson.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should be alright. I dunno about the belly skid, but the swing arm should be pretty close. I got the first run, which the first run had issues. Nothin a small file can't fix, shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (VooDuu Child @ Jul 16 2002, 12:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=3449
Alright, today was my first day since wednesday I even left the house to do anything after my surgery. And since I had my pro armors sitting around, my girl had her prm skid, we decided to do it. Yes, the prm will give you more clearance than the pro armor. Both are very stout and very nice units as far as durability. Now, installation. We opted to do hers first since all she had was a swing arm skid from prm. Well, the holes didn't line up. No matter what order we put them in, this was just a no go. We are calling them tomorrow to give them an earful, and sending it back. However, she is going to stick with it for the clearance. Now, as for the pro armor, man, so easy to put on. It wasn't really even a two person project for the swing arm. Nice. Then we did the belly skid. Two person project if wanna make it easy. Then it's on in just a couple of minutes. All in all, both are good, quality products. I've heard numerous people complain of the prm's holes not lining up, but it's cheaper than the armor, and gives you a tad more clearance. Will post pics as soon as she gets her back and we put it on. Then we can side by side them for you all. I like both and this is just going to be one of those preference things. I'm going with 22's on mine anyhow, so I don't care about the clearance. Hope this helps those who are in the market for skids, and if you own a stock Z, we know you are.
peace[/b]
Hi,, i am having a nightmare to decide what to get for full belly skid plate and swing arm skid plate, dont no yet if proarmor or PRM, will you you have some pics...Thanks!!
Z400 2008 (stock)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Welcome to 4 years ago

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Dude musta used a backhoe ta dig this 1 up!!!

I felt like I stepped into some kinda time machine here...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
QUOTE (JETS_Z400 @ Jun 20 2008, 05:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=680799
I felt like I stepped into some kinda time machine here...[/b]

I know what you mean.....I don't know what happened to this sight; I guess everyone moved on or got bigger, better quads (ie the 450's)

I remember back in the day from late 2003 to late 2005 or even early 2006, this place was packed! This year, I've only seen a couple of the members that were here from back then. I only signed on like 5 times through 06 and 07!! Then I came back this year and it's dead.

Back then, it was constant traffic and it seemed like every other person had the "patron" or "lifetime partron" banner under their name. Now that I've been back, I don't think I've seen a single person with that. I don't even remember what it looks like lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts