Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well, ride #1 with new skid plate is done. So far, I am very pleased with it. I hit FAR FAR FAR LESS rocks than I did the the other model, that is for sure. I didn't really smash into any at speed, so the durability is still yet to be seen. They (pro armor people) tell me that it is heat treated which their first model wasn't. Install went without a hitch and it looks pretty good. Sure glad to have that valley in there. I will keep you all posted to see if it can handle the rocks around these parts, or if it will crumple, just like the old one.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I second this as well having installed the skid with ease. I will be testing this furthur this weekend in some gnarly stuff....

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the old style for over a year now and it sure drags on everything. Sand and snow is the worst but I have also been stuck in some of the most lame places simply because I got hung up on my low hanging skid. I need a new skid and would sell this old low boy to anyone who wants it. What is a good, plenty of clearance model? I like the idea of the tow strap hole on the pro Armor and I have Pro Armor on the rest of my bike but the PRM look like good skids too. Any input here? Thanks! :O

·
Registered
699 Posts
i would go with the prm swingarm skid thats what i got on mine and it is very tough and good clearace too.i have pro-armor on the rest of my bike though.i too had the old design pro-armor skid and man did it suck,it got hung up lots of times.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here is the old one... And the new one...

·
Registered
688 Posts
i would also recommend the prm it has great ground clearance and there is even a pic of mine on here somewhere... if i find it real quick i will post it here.

sorry if i kinda hijacked the thread there :eek:t

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Seems pricey at $141. Does the skid plate include the shock/linkage skid also?????? That would seem better.
Cheers

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
its everything, though pricy, consider it as a one time purchase. I guarantee that if their stuff can survive what I ride, it will survive whatever you ride.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
anyone use this skid plate?.. i'm looking at ordering 2. one for me and one for my buddy. i like it because it comes with the linkage skidplate and it has the tow hook spot on the back.. i can get this for 120 from my dealer. i only have the stock plastic crap on there now and its not gonna hold up much longer. :dunno

·
Registered
639 Posts
how thick is it? the PRM skid is a quarter inch thick and sells for 104, i need to pick one now that i bent the crap outta my stocker :dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
the pro armor one is 1/4" thick also. i like the pro armor b/c it comes w/ the linkage guard and has a tow hook slot. i think its worth the extra 20 bux for the proarmor cuz it comes with the linkage guard.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
PRM also covers the linkage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the new Pro Armor skid but the tow hole is to close to the swing arm for the hook to go through. I can hook to the V weld on the under side but got to be very careful not to bounce around and knock it loose. Anyone else have this problem? If so is there an easy fix other than a gas axe and the BFH.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The old Pro Armor is what I got and I dont like it but now that I'm riding a MX type track I took it off.Hey I also not getting hung up on the ruts either I think I will purposly destroy the old one (two days of trail blazing It looks 100 years old)So my dad will get me the new one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The new one is flat right and the old one is all up in there?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts