Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt my 2003 ltz 400 top end of my quad, piston, cylinder, valves, springs, carb, and cdi. I took it out for the first time today and while riding if i let off the throttle in gear it pops out of the exhaust quite a bit, and once it got hot i would loose all throttle exept for 3/4 to full, if i didnt have it there the quad would stall. Any ideas what would cause this?

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Exhaust popping is either a loose flange/bad gasket, or lean on deceleration. Did you change anything? Big bore, air box lid? At the very least, try to richen it up with the fuel screw. Make sure the carb is sealed to the head, no intake leaks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust popping is either a loose flange/bad gasket, or lean on deceleration. Did you change anything? Big bore, air box lid? At the very least, try to richen it up with the fuel screw. Make sure the carb is sealed to the head, no intake leaks.
It is still stock bore, lid on, and an aftermarket filter. I will check to check that it is sealed to the head good. Would being lean on deceleration show on the spark plug?

Also would I be best off getting a new throttle cable for my other problem or could it be spark related? The past owner put a new coil and wire on it but knowing them i think it was the cheapest one available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just pulled the plug tonight, its running extremely lean. And the insides of the sparkplug boot also decided to fall out..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts