Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND. IT WON'T BE OUT TIL MARCH.
BUT THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR THE Z RIDERS LOOKING FOR REV LIMITERS OR JUST DIFFERENT IGNITION CURVES..
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK..
HERES THE LINK :p http://www.dynaonline.com/english/dynafspq.htm

·
Registered
260 Posts
Interesting. I wonder how much stronger of a spark or power increase it really generates. Sounds like it would be a good idea for people with hi performance carbs, exhaust and air filter hop ups.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
sounds cool, i bet it will cost a pretty penny. I think FMF may make something similar to that but Im not sure

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
that would be a nice mod for a predator. without using the clutch, letting off the gas to engage the clutch is not a problem.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I emailed them and got a prompt reply. This is what they had to say.

Dear Mr. Bertram,

Thank you for your interest in Dynatek ignitions. The Dyna FS ignition system for the LTZ400 will carry a suggested retail price of $328.00. We hope to be shipping these sometime next month. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Sincerely,

Scott Valentine  
Dynatek Customer Service

At 08:00 AM 2/6/03 -0600, you wrote:  

What sort of price are we talking about for this.  I have a Suzuki LT 400.   Thank you.[/b]

Its alot cheaper than I thought they would be!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dynatek

$328.00 is not bad for a programmable ignition...i called yoshimura to see if i could purchase the rev limiter seperate from there 450 big bore kit.
the tech said sure.. for $350.00 and its preset at 11,000rpm's.
$350.00 for a plain jane ignition. the smart choice would be dynatek fs,
right guys? programmable ignition curve,programmable rpm etc....
plus it comes with software that works with windows xp.
i think this is pretty cool- 4 different curve settings.
this means the perfect setting for the dunes, the perfect setting for the woods,the perfect setting for the track , oh and you cant forget the northern states [snow and ice] which i`m not acustomed too.. being i`m from the deep south.. enough blabbing
i think this will be a great performance upgrade for the Z 400!!
later guys...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I kinda like the idea of the shift light.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What the...

After looking at the deal this month on Dyna igitions, I did some searching and found this from an email from Dyna:

Thank you for your interest in Dynatek ignitions. The Dyna FS ignition system for the LTZ400 will carry a suggested retail price of $328.00. We hope to be shipping these sometime next month. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.[/b]
WTF? Now it's $410? They're seriously jerkin us around because it's a new quad. I'd be interested in hearing if this is the shizit or if the vortex one is worth it or not.

I've been emailing Big Gun a lot and they're just slackin... So I'm forgetting those jokers. I'm getting my cams soon and think I'll need the higher rev limit. But $400! C'mon.. thats a joke.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Actually on their website, most of their prices are 410 dollars.... so it isnt just the z400 that is at that prices....

so, from your point of view, getting jerked around, it isnt just us, its everyone......

·
Registered
6 Posts
BV,

Sorry you are feeling jerked, that is not our intention. The $328.00 price was quoted by me back in February when we had not yet been fully apprised of the actual retail pricing. My fault and I do apologize for the error. Trust me, if we were trying to rip everyone off ALL of the ignitions would be $410.00. Unfortunately, some of the 12 volt CDI systems (like the Raptor and LTZ) are simply more expensive to build. You might check the GT Thunder thread as I understand they are having some kind of sale.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Scott Valentine
Dynatek Customer Service & Tech Support

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think we can agree that the prices are higher for more popular quads not only because they are more expensive to build, but because it's also $$ in the bank. Same reason aftermarket parts for 250Rs cost more than for 300exs, even if they're the same darn thing.

It's marketing, and understandable. Otherwise these types of "sales" couldn't happen. But that's a big flub in price.

But, since I have your attention, could you tell me why I should buy the Dyna ignition over the Vortex?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey guys...

Could be alot worse...I paid $550 for my LRD/Yoshi CDI! I feel it was well worth the money, and its not even programable, so don't complain about the $400 for the Dyna...I wish!

Scott from Dyna...I have a quiestion for ya, what advantages would I get from switching over to the Dyna as appossed to my Yoshi box. I realize yours is programable, but would it be worth the hassle and loss $$$ wise?

Thanks guy. I'm glad to see a few of our vendors visiting the site. Nothing like some personal attention!

Later

·
Registered
6 Posts
BV,

I do not really want to start an argument here but if we were to apply your logic then the Bashee ignitions would be at least twice as much as the LTZ's due to the fact that we sell 3-4 Banshee's FS's for every LTZ one. It IS parts cost x a set markup percentege, pure and simple.

Unfortuantley, I am not familiar with the Vortex system since last I heard it is not yet available so it would be hard to offer comparisons with a non-existent product. The FS offers increased spark energy, 4 pre-programmed advance curves and a 10,500 rpm limit out of the box. It also offers full PC programmability.

As I understand it the Yosh system is simply the DRZ module that had a higher rev limiter (11,000?) than the LTZ. Since this is more expensive, requires a cut and splice installation and no other feature the Dyna FS would be much more versatile.

Scott Valentine
Dynatek Customer Service & Tech Support

·
Registered
412 Posts
Scott,I appreciate you coming on here I wish more companies would it makes alot more customers trust the company as myself.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Scott,

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just saying I bet that because it's a new product, that plays a role in the price. Once R&D is paid for, then the prices drop. Happens on most everything. S&D plays a role as well (ie your banshee argument), but, R&D was paid for long ago for the shee, so now it's low price and quantity vs. high price and lower quantity.

In the business I'm in its the same way. Market a product to 1000 people, split them up into groups of 4. Offer the 1st group a product for $100, the 2nd for $200, the 3rd for $300, the 4th for $400. You'll find that you get more sales in groups 3 and 4, where the magical "perceived value" becomes part of the equation as well.

Marketing 101. :)

The Vortex ignition is available now through Duncan Racing. And Big Gun is supposed to have one soon (maybe they're just buying from you or vortex and relabling, who knows.) I'm very curious to see what BG will charge, as their 400ex CDI is well under $200.

Better start diggin into the competition.. I would think you'd have 2 or 3 Vortex CDIs on your workbench torn apart and testing against yours, because this question will come up! :)

Thanks for your contributions, they are appreciated.

·
Registered
848 Posts
BV,

you can get a 400ex rev box for around $60 but most of them (and probably the big gun too) are from a 250cc dirtbike and change the timing curve and are hard to start in the winter

you get a lot of different features with the dyna box that you do not get with a simple big gun 400ex box.

it is highly unlike due to the complexity of the suzuki cdi, high cost to R&D, cost of production that you will ever see one under $300

1 - 20 of 23 Posts