Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of the Titax 400EX rotor on the Z. I know others have already posted pics, but I just wanted to prove that I did it! :D You can also see the PB block off plate.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
mine squeak every once in a while but not sure if Im gonna replace it yet

·
Registered
87 Posts
is that rotor thicker than the factory?  it looks like it is from the pic.[/b]
Yep.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is that rotor thicker than the factory?  it looks like it is from the pic.[/b]
Definitely! I had to back the parking brake adjuster out quite a bit before it would fit. Seems to be fine, though. It still rolls pretty well.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
what is wrong with the stock rotor?

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had it since the beginning of July, but I've only gotten to ride it about 5 or 6 times. I'm just now starting to bring it out of the break-in stage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone know why the rotor on these things are so bad. I think I only rode about 2 times before I noticed it was warped. I rarely used the back break in those 2 times. So I don't think I heated it up that bad. When I went to wax my chain I noticed it. Oh well, along with replacing everything else I can just add that to the list.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe there was just a bad batch of rotors on the American models. :roll: Mine started squeaking on the first ride.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know why the rotor on these things are so bad. I think I only rode about  2 times before I noticed it was warped. I rarely used the back break in those 2 times. So I don't think I heated it up that bad. When I went to wax my chain I noticed it. Oh well, along with replacing everything else I can just add that to the list.[/b]

those holes that every other manufacturer puts in their brake disks serve a purpose! COOLING!!!! heating with rapid cooling will warp a rotor off by as much as 5 degrees!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I can't see the picture. :(

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have ridden mine hard and used the back brakes quite a bit and they never sqeak or anything like that

1 - 20 of 25 Posts