Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up. As some of u know me on here and know what I'm riding if not 04 ltz 400 niche bbk now it's a 434 full yoshi exhaust fcr 39mm carb no air box. My problem now with this whole rebuild thing is I think it's the carb. The head pipe is glowing cherry red which indicates it's running lean. I cleaned the carb really good I'm running a 170 or 175 main jet and I'm unsure now if I replaced the pilot jet well a shop did I think they replaced my 160 mj but the pilot not sure. And one other thing is it won't run off choke it will idle pretty high but once I take the choke off it stalls out if u try to keep it running it's popping like crazy can someone shed some light on this me ?

·
Super Moderator
3,765 Posts
Sounds lean for sure. The main jet only affects 3/4 To full throttle. Is this when the pipe is glowing red?
What pilot and needle do you have? I'm guessing you have had them both out and blew out the passageways? How many turns out on the fuel screw are you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds lean for sure. The main jet only affects 3/4 To full throttle. Is this when the pipe is glowing red?
What pilot and needle do you have? I'm guessing you have had them both out and blew out the passageways? How many turns out on the fuel screw are you?
The pipe is glowing red when it's idling on choke and giving it a little bit of gas to. I did blow out the pilot I'm not even sure what size it is. It slipped my mind when I had it out and I never changed the needle should I have ? And fuel screw is 2 1/2 turns out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like you need to increase the pilot jet. Also know the head pipe could still glow a little do to the increased heat. But like amcf18 said, it definitely sounds lean in the idle/pilot circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts