Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tested the stator and voltage regulator , they both failed the test . got nothing out of either test.....no values. i know how to use a meter :). quad runs fine ...just wont charge. im assuming the ignition works off the battery so as long as it has sufficient voltage the quad will run. hell, i even started quad with regulator and stator wires unplugged,except the trigger wire plug was connected. i guess the regulator fried the stator or something here. already fixed the bolt issue but stator wasnt tore up like i expected it to be. thought i got lucky ....huh ANYONE ELSE GO THIS ROUTE WITH THEIR MACHINE ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
have you checked the voltage goin back to the battery to charge it? Ive got a quad that the quad wont charge the battery but the battery is bad.....to me it sounds like a bad battery if it still runs

·
Registered
129 Posts
I dont trust those tests because it tellsz me the same thing but it still runs

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the battery is fine,it starts fine but doesnt charge because nothing is coming from stator. i got a replacement stator local and it checks out fine with meter.the one in there has no resistance values at all. waiting on voltage regulator to get here and ill put it back together. oh ..... the new tt flywheel goes in also while its apart also :) just for fun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont trust those tests because it tellsz me the same thing but it still runs
it will run with stator and voltage regulator disconnected(pick up wires connected though).....they only serve to charge battery. maybe thats why you think your battery is bad...because its not charging at all and draining down on you. just a thought as my quad runs fine all day without lights without charging system functioning. just drains down battery over time. the ignition doesnt use that much power, the starter uses the most but it will start quite a few times just off the battery if you use a battery tender as i do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the battery is fine,it starts fine but doesnt charge because nothing is coming from stator. i got a replacement stator local and it checks out fine with meter.the one in there has no resistance values at all. waiting on voltage regulator to get here and ill put it back together. oh ..... the new tt flywheel goes in also while its apart also :) just for fun.
Did the stator fix your issue???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts