that the only pic they sent? i would like to see it on a "normal" yellow Z

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
how much for that and does anyone else know howmuch the kfx hood costs

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
i like that one a lot better than the KFX one, i don't really like the style of the KFX hood, plus if that one came on/off fairly easily it would be good for racing(number plate) then take it off when i ride at home

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i emailed them directly like two weeks ago and they said it was like $180 or i would have one right now

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
180??!?!? for that little piece, that is a bunch of $$$$ for that little thing

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Well, it's carbon fiber. CF's pretty expensive to make, so the products it's made into is bound to be expensive. They really need to make a regular plastic one. It would probably be about 1/4 the price.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
na i think they are trying to rip u off they want 150 for a seat cover and 120 for a tank cover

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The purpose of the quad tech hood is to get rid of the lights......the kawi hood still has the lights on it. and the quad tech makes a good numberplate imo. It is a bit pricy, but i think its worth it.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Yeah, I was either going to get the QuadTech hood and the TrailTech lights or the KFX hood and keep the stock lights. The second option is by far the cheapest, so I'll probably do that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Or you could do what I am doing and order the Kawi hood and then swing past your local hobby shop and pickup a piece of lexan and mount it on the back side of the hood. You will also need to buy some lexan paint, also from the hobby shop, so that you can paint the lexan black....oh yea! I'll let you guy's know how I mount the lexan when I get the hood.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
where is 03' Z400? he was going to make a carbon fiber cover like the quad techs for cheaper

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
carbon fiber plastic

who makes that carbon fiber complete plastic? that is pretty cool, it looks black until you get up close and the the actual texture, i think somebody in the user's gallery has it

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's way to expensive for that piece. I think a plastic one would be much more sensible. I mean your going to buy a pretty c/f piece like that and then cover it with a number plate and stickers so only about 10% of it will show anyways. I'll leave the c/f stuff for my Supra and opt for a nice plastic piece.
just my .02 worth

Tracy

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
1 the guy who makes the C/f is 03' Z400
2 i dont really put sitckers in my quad only # plates, and if i get sponsors
and maby graphics, i like the clean look

1 - 20 of 20 Posts