Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My antifreeze is getting low in the overflow and I want to add some. What kind of antifreeze is in there right now can I just use auto antifreeze. :?: If I can use the auto antifreeze then what kind there are some for Chev, fords......
:imwithstupid
Thanks for any help
Allan

·
Registered
660 Posts
whatever antifreeze/coolant you can find in your local auto store. just make sure you don't get the red/pink one. if you mix the red with the green it'll sludge up.

G

·
My antifreeze is getting low in the overflow and I want to add some. What kind of antifreeze is in there right now can I just use auto antifreeze. :?: If I can use the auto antifreeze then what kind there are some for Chev, fords......
:imwithstupid
Thanks for any help
Allan[/b]
Use a high quality "ethylene glycol base" anti-freeze. (Get the green color anti-freeze) This type is also used in automobiles and can be purchased most anywhere automotive supplies are sold. Mix with distilled water as this reduces greatly mineral deposits, etc. in the radiator over time. Do not put in more then 60% anti-freeze or less then 50%. Never use a radiator anti-leak additive. Best not to mix brands of anti-freeze. USE caution when removing radiator cap to avoid burns from hot water / steam!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

I am now thinking of changing it over to Engine Ice. The summers here get extremely hot. :fire I wanted to get the info now and change it now before it gets to hot.

Thanks for the help :wave
Allan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts