Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burgard Cycle has designed a Quick Change Clutch Cover for the Z400, Which will make change the Clutch Out a Breeze. If you ever had to replace your clutch fibers and plates before, you will know how much of a pain it is to drain the Oil and Radiator Fluid, then scrap off the old gasket. The Cover will be Billet Aluminum and will utilize an O-Ring Gasket. Also, it is a 1/16" Shorter to give more Brake Pedal Clearance. The First Cover should be done by the End of Next Week. I will be posting Pictures of my Finished Z400 with all it Accessories Also by the End of Next Week.

The tenative Price for the Clutch Cover will be Close to $400.00 with your Old Clutch Cover Case as a Core.

·
Registered
142 Posts
hey can you post some pics and detailed info on the burgard swingarm and carrier? also the a-arm shock combo? prices, travel, fit, could you email me with details at [email protected]. Do you have a new steering stem so tie rods dont hit the a-arm when compressed? Could you measure your shocks fully extended from center of eye to center of eye? Ive talked to many companies and all but elka seem to have done no research yet on this quad and dont relize that the tie rod will get broke / bend if the up travel is more than stock. 17" extended-11.89 colapsed are the lenths at the extremes before damage will occur with stock a-arms and stem.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have some awesome questions about the Z!

Swingarm
- The Swingarm is 1.25" longer than stock and it uses a 400EX Carrier, Axle, hubs, Sprockets, antifade, and rotor bracket. The Z rotor has the same pattern as the 400EX and the Z caliper is reused. The cost of the
400EX parts can vary but the Swingarm will probably retail for over $500, but if someone goes through me, I should be able to get you one for about $450

Tie-Rods?
- I am aware of the Tie Rod problem, so Burgard is in the process of making a new stem that utilize 400EX tierod ends, which will be stronger and better.

Shocks?
-the Shocks are Stadium Series Works which are zero preload to lower the Quad about 1 - 2 inches. I will measure the shocks eye center to center for you this weekend. I believe the fronts Retail for $940 for fully adjustable and the Rear is about $840 Fully adjustable, but you could get cheaper grade works shocks. I am leaving to Ride in New Jersey in the Sand on Saturday, then to Central PA to Rausch Creek on Sunday, so I will have measurements by Monday Night.

Also, Elka had a quick start on building shocks for the Z400. I have seen a pair on another Z400 Burgard built and they looked awesome, but Elka doesn't sponsor Me, Works does.

A-arms
-I am useing +1 front shocks because I race in the GNCC Series, but yet I love Airing out my quad on a MX track so the +1 are great for both with different wheel offsets to widen and narrow quad width

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the email. Imgoing to look at prices for the honda parts for the swing arm. Are you using Z or ex skid plate with that set up?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sounds like we are both in the same boat. I want to see some pictures of my closest competitor. Seems to be coming along well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts