Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all let me first mention this is a great website. I have been lurking around here since i got my 2007 LTZ 400 about a month ago and it has been a great help. I am needing to order some parts and I noticed there is options for K3/K4/K5/K6/K7 etc. Well the thing I don't understand is my LTZ's VIN has K4 in it and the 10th letter is a 7. So is my bike a K4 or K7? I read the difference in years thread in the FAQ section and it says 05' (k5)-08' (k8). So i assumed my bike is a K7 but i saw K4 in my VIN and now i am thrown off. Your help is greatly appreciated and keep up the great site.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome to the site crono. I find the easiest way to determine what year a machine is, is simply calling your local shop and telling them your vin#. It only takes them a few seconds to let you know what yr/make/model it is. I have an 03', and in my vin it has k4, so i'm not sure on how that works. If you have stock shocks you will NOT have "piggyback" shocks if it's an 03'. Another way to tell if it's an 03' is if you CAN NOT change your rear grab bar. Those are usually the common give away's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello and thanks for the reply. As i said before the 10th letter in my vin is a 7 so that indicates that the bike is a 2007. But i don't know if that means im a K7 or a K3. Also my bike has piggyback shocks and the grab bar can be removed. The bike has black plastic with red frame.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
hello and thanks for the reply. As i said before the 10th letter in my vin is a 7 so that indicates that the bike is a 2007. But i don't know if that means im a K7 or a K3. Also my bike has piggyback shocks and the grab bar can be removed. The bike has black plastic with red frame.
Yep, your bike is an 07' special edition. That's the best color combo I think. If your inquiring on parts just make sure you order parts years 05' to 08' and you will be good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hello again and thank you for the reply. Yeah i think the color combo is great. The only problem i have is when i go to order parts for 07 it has options for k3/k4/k5/k6/k7. For example look here at motosport www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/SUZUKI/2007/LTZ400 . Like for clutch it ask k3/k4 or k5/k6/k7.

edit: well i cant get the link working for some reason but if you go to motosport or any other parts place i have looked they all have options for k3/k4/k5 etc. even if you select 2007

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
03/04 was the first model, revised for 05-08

you need to buy parts for 05-08, or 07 if you must pick one.

the k is for thousand, as in y2k.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
never heard of anyone having issues beyond knowing whether or not to order for 03-04 and 05-08 and even then a lot of the parts are usable on all 03-08's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts