Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a z400 in decent shape, they guy drove it 4 hours to drop it off....he started it up no problem he left I started it up no problem few hours later I started it up several different times (while riding ) no problem got home turned the bike off to run inside to open my garage, came out and the push button does nothing, no clicking, cranking nothing.....I can jump the solenoid terminals with a screw driver and it fires no problem....is this a bad starter? Bad solenoid? Or bad connection somewhere?

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
What you’re describing sounds like a short in “the blob”, mainly the start switch itself. Probably corroded contacts inside the switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you’re describing sounds like a short in “the blob”, mainly the start switch itself. Probably corroded contacts inside the switch.
Thanks....buddy of mine said the same thing just hadn’t gotten around to opening it up

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,038 Posts
What about the clutch did you pull the clutch in to start it. I believe if it has the blob it has the clutch level switch to make sure it starts and doesn't roll off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts