Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know I’m spotty on being consistent with my troubleshooting but I promise u guys tell me something I do the research to figure out what I can then I come back when I get stuck lol. I can’t learn if u guys give it all to me....but my question going back to the neutral safety bypass......

so the only videos I could find are on drz400s but I figure the concept is the same this is what they said you should do....the end that’s capped off is the plug from the clutch lever

In my debacle I don’t have the plug from the clutch lever, in fact I don’t even have the stock clutch lever on the bike so this is my situation

so can I just clip this plug and twist the two wires?! I kno if I decide to reverse the process I’d basically have to buy a new wiring harness but I’d probably never wanna undo it anyway!

I really do appreciate the help from each and everyone of u who gives some insight and a lil patience with me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I know I’m spotty on being consistent with my troubleshooting but I promise u guys tell me something I do the research to figure out what I can then I come back when I get stuck lol. I can’t learn if u guys give it all to me....but my question going back to the neutral safety bypass......

so the only videos I could find are on drz400s but I figure the concept is the same this is what they said you should do....the end that’s capped off is the plug from the clutch lever
View attachment 49859
In my debacle I don’t have the plug from the clutch lever, in fact I don’t even have the stock clutch lever on the bike so this is my situation

·
Super Moderator
4,872 Posts
I don’t have a wiring diagram in front of me at the moment to be sure those are the correct wires. Just try running a jumper across the 2 pins to be sure it works first. If it does, chop it back from the plug a little so you can put it back if you ever need to.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You could also make a jumper and that plugs into connector and tape it all up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
To Test is I would think that would work but that would not be a permanent set up in my opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nah the paper clip didn’t work I’m just gonna cut the plug....it’s not being used as is anyways

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Welp got it bank and now I’m having some issue with my electrical. Not getting any spark, headlights are wonky but work (see video) also my dummy lights were working previously and now they aren’t.....bike has been sitting in shop for about 2 weeks since the last time it was started....any ideas?

Video

·
Super Moderator
3,592 Posts
Cant see the vid as I dont have an IG account. What is you battery voltage? That is priority with electrical.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts