Suzuki Central Forum banner

Raced A Mildly Built 400EX

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  kawierider1990 
#1 ·
One of my friends just came over with this new 400ex he got.. it's got a high compression wiseco piston, a hot cam, White brothers E series exhaust, and some kind of intake setup with jetting... He let me take a ride on his quad (not all that impressive other than the massive amounts of low end).. I then pulled out my Z (despite the fact that the timing chain needs to be replaced) and let him take a quick ride on it, he was really impressed with the amount of top end power the Z has, he said it was almost too much.. Then him and I ripped down the street, and I pulled ahead of him by about 5 or 6 quad lengths (mind you, my clutch is slightly slipping) lol.. That was my final ride before I replace the timing chain, valves, and clutch.. 400EX's are slow!

#3 ·
read his sig

#8 ·
I guess I just dont understand why when the Bike was stock I couldnt keep up with a stock 400EX. Now i did some modifications too it and today when we were out riding i drag raced some guy i didnt know with a 400EX and still couldnt beat him, i asked what all he had done to it and he said just a bore kit and i think he said it was a 440 but i cant remember, this is the first sport quad i have ever owned, my whole life i have had utilitie bikes so i am just trying to get a feel for it. But i know i havent been able to ever beat a 400EX with my bike anytime ive tried.

#10 ·
or just not good, lol at the double post great minds think alike

#11 ·
When I started riding that 400ex, I could tell right away that it wasn't a real revver like the Z.. It ran out of steam real quick up top, great for lugging though! My friend was really impressed with the Z, he loved the fact that the Z likes being up in the revs..

#13 ·
A while back when I didn't have my bbk, I raced a 400ex with a big bore kit and I beat him from start to finish on dirt but he kept spinning the tires, too much bottom end I guess. So we went to the street and he kicked my a$$! When I hopped on his ex, it had stupid bottom end torque! I was impressed with that ex.

#15 ·
See, im lucky enough to have one of each I guess lol. Both of them are pretty much even when they are put against each other. Until it gets to the top end, and the ex then looses all potential. But the 400 ex was built for flat track to, so it could have some sprocket mods idk about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.