Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally raced my first hare scramble, me and my brother in law were partners, we were pretty happy to have taken 3rd in the open class, guess the old man can still run with the kids
:
Track ended up being quit muddy, here are a couple picks of the quads, we did not get any pics of us as we wanted to just get out of the muddy clothes after the race.
mine

brother in laws and mine

·
Registered
162 Posts
looks like fun, i raced in a harescramble last year for my first race, it was great, how long did the race last?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around here the races only last 1 hour for the quads.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
what exactly is a harescramble is it timed cross country?

·
Registered
162 Posts
what exactly is a harescramble is it timed cross country?[/b]
well the way the one here worked is the racers decided on a number of laps, the first race ended up being 5 laps which took a little over an hour and a half, then the second race which was an hour later was 4 laps and that took like an hour and a quarter

i didnt mind racing so long because i outlasted the older guys

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Similar to what Muff stated but here, it is who gets in the most laps in the 1 hour time limit. We run 4 class's, Pro, open, school boy and vet 30. We were in the open class, the track was almost 3 miles long and we got in 8 laps, that is 4 each at an average of 8 minute laps.
It was a lot of fun just wish I would have started years ago, our next race is on a 6 mile track so that should be real interesting.
The tracks do not have any large jumps or long whoops sections but do have some decent doubles and smaller table tops than say the super cross tracks.

DadsZ400

·
Registered
183 Posts
i love hare scrambles and i race too. i race the Jr. A me and my bro have lots of fun. we need to try to get more people to race cross country and get them talkin in the site too.
jake

·
Registered
183 Posts
the first hare scramble i raced it was nothing but mud. it was a worcs race.i blew up a little scrambler 90 and my brother lost his third gear
i got stuck 6 times and i will never race another hare scramble on a mini bike.
jake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts