Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my Z broken in and I have a buddy with a stock 400EX that has been begging me to race. Of course I am going to race him. How do you think I will do? The 400EX's are supposed to be decently fast, but I would assume the Z400 is the faster bike. Just want some input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
good luck

whatever happens keep us updated :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
You should smke him.
The 400 EX is really not much competition :)

I raced a friend last weekend several times w/ a new 400EX, and always beat him by at least 5-6 quad lengths.

The hardest part for me was trying not to lose my traction :)

This thing is fast :):)

LOBE
~~~~

·
Registered
49 Posts
yah i love the 400ex and all. but i raced to modded ones and i totally blew them away. one had a full yoshimura comp series pipe, with no airbox lid, k&n, and and jetted. and one had a white bros e-seies, with no airbox lid,
k&n, jetted, hole shots all the way around, and smaller sprockets, dont know what size.

·
Registered
620 Posts
race in other sections too, like mx/drag/trails and others, see who is the over all winner!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I've raced a few modded ones too. You'll leave him in the dust. Guess what guys, we'll have another Z guy buying a quad and joing the baord in a few days!!! :?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Here what it takes for a 400ex to keep up with the Z:
FMF MegaMax pipe, White Brothers cam and ignition, plus a Wiseco high-compression piston.
I got that from atvaction.

Later

·
Registered
204 Posts
I finally got to race against my buddy who has a 2000 400 EX, only mod is a K&N. My Z is bone stock. It was no contest. I took him in every gear. Also, I was at a dead stop and he rolled by me in 3rd and I took off after him. Caught up to him after about 1/4 mile. Top end is very close. I was creeping up on him topped out in 5th.

Don't worry, you'll have no problem taking the 400ex.

·
Registered
221 Posts
what is the top speed on the Z. I know the 400ex's is around 65, i would imagine the Z is around 73, but i dont know.

dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts