Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planing on racing this year and alot of people have said that I should get tires so I decided to get turf trammers for the rear on 190 8' rims. A friend of mine uses 18/9.5 size turf trammers on 8' rims for the rear tires on his 400ex. Whould these tires fit on my z or would they be too small, or should I move up to a larger size like 18/11 on 8' rims? Also if I have smaller tires should I put a bigger sproket on?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
i take it as you are going to motorcross..... I would go wider, with the 18x11, as its designed to handle with that width tire.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would use the18x9.5. They hook up better than the 11'' wide. The Z and 400ex have the same wheel pattern.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
heres what im doing 18x11x8 holeshot mx rears im just putting them on offset 8 inch .190 rims

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea im planning on getting 8' douglass or itp rims, but are most aftermarket rims offset? Because I wouldn't mind getting them. Also Do any of you guys know where i can get a great deal on tire packages for 18/9.9 or 18/11 Turf trammers on 8' 190 rims?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Man if you plan on racing MX don't waste your money on .190s. Save some cash and buy some racing wheels with rings on the outside and inside of the wheel or a set of beadlocks. Regular .190s will look like eggs after a race or two if you jump at all. Trust me! As for tires the 18x9.5x8 was my favorite turf tamer. Just a question to ask yourself, what kind of soil is the track that you plan on racing at. If a track has a hard packed surface, then the turfs will really hook up. But if the track soil and surface is loamy and loose then a holeshot MXR is your best bet. Remember tires are all about opinion and holeshots, Maxis, and the turf tamers are all awesome MX tires and kick the stock tires' [email protected]$.

·
Registered
230 Posts
dont offset wheels add to bumpsteer?[/b]
Nope.....bumpsteer is on the front and it is caused by a change in toe caused by suspension travel or an unwanted steering input caused by such a toe change.

Adding more offset to the front will not affect bumpsteer.

He asking about the rear size....not the front.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to get rims with rings but thats why I am getting 190's and rims with rings are too expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts